Phantom Overload Damage On Unpowered Circuit

joe_dm
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

An unpowered wire bridge takes overload damage when high watt wire is running underneath it.

2017-06-10 12_06_28-Oxygen Not Included.png

Steps to Reproduce
run a powered circuit with high watt wire and place a wire bridge over the high watt wire.

User Feedback

Steps to reproduce: have a heavy wire with more than 1 kW draw and at least one consumer connected through standard wire. Then a random bridge over the wire will overheat.

Attaching a debug mode map with reproduction. Just enter debug mode and start the simulation.

9CFlXnH.jpg

bridge overload.sav

Share this comment

Found the problem. CircuitManager.Rebuild gets the circuit network at the center of the bridge.
It doesn't call the offset method to get the 2 cells that would have the correct circuit id.

Share this comment

Did a search, thought this might be related.

Neither circuit is overloaded (over 1000W), but the circuits keep overloading anyway.

The screenshots were taken at different times, but I dragged a red square as a frame of reference for where I'm looking.

I also uploaded the save file in question, though the issue isn't actually present at that exact time. I'll save again when I see it and update the uploads if I remember.

Specs:
Dell XPS L502x
i7-2760QM
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M (underclocked to due to crappy Dell architecture)
4 GB RAM
Win 10 x64

20180117231500_1.jpg

20180122005009_1.jpg

Dreadrocks (Post-Abandon) Cycle 402.sav

Share this comment

A transformer can apply up to 4kw of load to a circuit per second, remove the transformer fix your problem.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Kabrute said:

A transformer can apply up to 4kw of load to a circuit per second, remove the transformer fix your problem.

Are you saying that you can't have a transformer lead to a 1kW low-voltage area that only uses regular Wire? Then what's the point of them? I don't understand what you mean...  How do you use them properly then? Are they just not working properly yet?

I have an updated save with the circuit currently overloaded, and two screenshots of the circuits around the broken bridge (the bridge is selected and the arrow is pointing to it, so you can see the broken circuit is for the circuits I'm looking at).

Dreadrock (CircuitOverloadBug).sav

20180122200903_1.jpg

20180122200906_1.jpg

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.f54626cacd076dfe80d12a81a9d80501.pngGet rid of the transformer, you've got 1800w potential on the other side of it.  It says 1kw but even that 1kw plus the 700w you have on the line means 1700w, thats 700w over the limit.  But the transformer doesn't work that way anyway.  It passes 1 kw 4times per second.  You could run 4 liquid tepidizers off of 1 transformer, but you can't run 1 aquatuner without adding a battery buffer.  In this case though its blowing your wires.  get rid of it.
TLDR: Not bug, misunderstanding of transformers
Get rid of Algae Terrariums, and I don't think your arial lure+creature trap will catch a pufft......

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment