No animation, controls do not works

Cjones1560
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

Upon starting the game, the first thing I noticed is that the main menu is not animated at all; no moving water, no moving fish, no dupes walking out, nothing. Each time I start the game, the fish is sometimes in different locations in the tank and its eyes are not always closed and the music still plays.

Next, when I proceed to start a new map, the crew assembly screen has pink dupes with no animations.

When I make my selection and I proceed into the game, I am greeted with a blank screen and only ambient sounds - no music. At this point, I am unable to bring up any menus, return to the main menu or exit the game without minimizing the game and manually shutting it down.

If I start the game up again and I load the map I just started but could do nothing in, I am greeted with invisible dupes and buildings in addition to being unable to interact with the map. I can click UI buttons and enter tool modes, but I can't actually issue commands. I am also unable to move the camera or zoom in or out.

The music and sounds all play as normal at this point.

At this point, the sim is paused initially but I am able to un-pause by clicking the UI button. When un-paused, the gasses seem to be animated and in motion as normal and the values used by objects (The printer's time until next dupe timer and gas pressures/concentrations, for example) change over time as normal.

I have restarted the game, restarted steam, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, switched between available beta settings (archive version still works like it should), but nothing has worked.

I am unable to play the game since the latest update.

The output log provided is from an initial startup of the game, the only state at which I can exit the game properly.

Steps to Reproduce
I started up the game like normal.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Ok now theres a new error.

JsonReaderException: Invalid property identifier character: ,. Path 'CPU', line 1, position 264.
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Object:INTERNAL_CALL_Internal_InstantiateSingle(Object, Vector3&, Quaternion&)
UnityEngine.Object:Internal_InstantiateSingle(Object, Vector3, Quaternion) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts\generated\common\runtime\UnityEngineObjectBindings.gen.cs:63)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object, Vector3, Quaternion) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEngineObject.cs:79)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, GameObject, String, Boolean, Int32) (at C:\jenkins\workspace\Release_SimGame\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\Util.cs:294)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, GameObject, String) (at C:\jenkins\workspace\Release_SimGame\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\Util.cs:274)
LaunchInitializer:Awake() (at C:\jenkins\workspace\Release_SimGame\Assets\scripts\game\LaunchInitializer.cs:22)

I have no idea where this is so its time to wait for a dev to respond.

Share this comment

I have the same problem, after thermal update. No animation in main menu, pink freezed dupes in the second part and only black screen afterward. I installed the latest drivers, reinstall etc, exactly the same situation as described before.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, 44Kuba said:

I have the same problem, after thermal update. No animation in main menu, pink freezed dupes in the second part and only black screen afterward. I installed the latest drivers, reinstall etc, exactly the same situation as described before.

upload your logs

Share this comment

I have this same problem after the Thermal update

• No animation on menu screen.
  • Pink/Purple dupes when creating a new game.
  • Black screen with just game version displayed at top when you start a new game.
  • Restart Game and its just the map with no dupes, controls don't really do anything, etc.

I have this error in my output log:

JsonReaderException: Invalid property identifier character: ,. Path 'CPU', line 1, position 288.
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Object:INTERNAL_CALL_Internal_InstantiateSingle(Object, Vector3&, Quaternion&)

My CPU is a Intel i7 975 which is older but has more then enough power.

Attached is the output_log and a screenshot of my cpu in the device manager. If there is any other information I can provide to help please let me know.

output_log.txt

Capture.PNG

cpu-z.txt

Edited by Dolbyac3
added cpu-z info

Share this comment

welp at least we are all in same boat shall i add my pics to bottom of list? to show the devs what is happening so they can also see it with their own eyes?

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, hellsfury_engifam said:

welp at least we are all in same boat shall i add my pics to bottom of list? to show the devs what is happening so they can also see it with their own eyes?

EDIT: Sorry read the logs again and found the 

JsonReaderException: Invalid property identifier character: ,. Path 'CPU', line 1, position 264.

So yeah if you want to bring screenshots here it's up to you.

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment

Guys I think I found a pattern here ...

"CPU":{"name":"AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor","manufacturer":"AuthenticAMD","features":"SSE,SSE2,SSE3","numCores":2,"clockSpeed":3000},,"GPU0"

"CPU":{"name":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         975  @ 3.33GHz","manufacturer":"GenuineIntel","features":"SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,SSE41,SSE42","numCores":4,"clockSpeed":3059},,"GPU0"

"CPU":{"name":"AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor","manufacturer":"AuthenticAMD","features":"SSE,SSE2,SSE3","numCores":4,"clockSpeed":3400},,"GPU0"

Mine:

"CPU":{"name":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz","manufacturer":"GenuineIntel","features":"SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,SSE41,SSE42,AVX","numCores":6,"clockSpeed":3498}, "RAM0"

All of your logs are missing the RAM section, so looks like the game can't figure out how much ram you have and crashes because it's putting ,, for a missing section and that broke the game. So yeah this is a problem only the devs can fix.

• Like 2

Share this comment

alex nice job here da basic shots also you can get shots as well cause steam and f12 button is great

i also got them in order of how we would see them this time

20170401184821_1.jpg

20170401184837_1.jpg

20170401184902_1.jpg

20170330101215_1.jpg

20170330101217_2.jpg

20170330101217_1.jpg

Share this comment

also i do think these bugs are for devs to try to fix cause i play games like dishonered and dishonered 2 of this pc and they run amazingly along with don't starve together just putting that out there

Share this comment

Any more information I can provide to help fix this? 

Seems to work just fine with my laptop that has 16gb of ram, desktop where I have this issue and posted details earlier in this thread seems to have issue. AlexRou noticed that it was an issue with the ram value missing, my desktop has 32gb of ram.

Share this comment

So I modded the game and disabled the part that's crashing,

Exact and place it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed

Replacing the file. Not sure it it will stop the crashing but worth a shot. I've tested on my end and the game's still running even with it disabled.

Assembly-CSharp.zip

• Like 1

Share this comment

@AlexRou This mod fixes the game for me. I am able to run it and play. No issues so far now that I replaced my dll with the one you provided. 

Thank you very much!

Share this comment