game show missing.string.ui after loading

mahys
  • Fixed

game after loading shows missing.string.ui on all image.

missing.strings.ui.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
not sure. after resolve C++ installation problem I get this new problem.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi, I found that if I plug out the HDMI, the game can run.

If I plug in the HDMI, it get back the same problem on missing.strings.ui.

I am looking forward to play the game on the HDMI TV screen. anyway to resolve it ?

Share this comment

I think the game is having trouble using your tv for audio. We'll need to try and reproduce this on our side so we can figure out a fix. In the mean time, you might be able to right click on the sound icon and switch your audio playback device. The other thing I would try is upgrading your graphics drivers assuming your HDMI cable is plugged into your graphics card and not directly to your motherboard.

• Like 1

Share this comment

i had the same thing happen, i also use a TV as a second monitor. however i dont play the game on it, and the audio is through my headphones. i verified the game files on steam and that seemed to fix it

Share this comment

Hey @TheOnlyCarl, this might be a long shot but what video card do you have? I know the issue is fixed for you, but would you mind sending over a DxDiag as well? It might help to be able to find some common factor with mahys.

Share this comment

Looks like I'm having the same issue.  Verify local files did not change things.  I am not using HDMI on either display (DVI-D) and only have the single primary audio card (apart from the one attached to the video card).

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Share this comment

@mahys Hey mahys, I just wanted to check in with you to see if that solution worked for ya!

Did updating your AMD drivers allow you to play on your TV?

Share this comment

@jambell I updated my Strix Soar drivers (I guess dxdiag didn't report it correctly).

Whether that or the update took care of the issue, I don't know; but it does load now successfully, Thanks for the quick response.

Share this comment

37 minutes ago, SkunkMyrddyn said:

@jambell I updated my Strix Soar drivers (I guess dxdiag didn't report it correctly).

Whether that or the update took care of the issue, I don't know; but it does load now successfully, Thanks for the quick response.

Awesome, glad to hear! We're looking into adding a more descriptive warning when this occurs so it's more clear what to do.

Thanks for the update! :) 

Share this comment

On 2/21/2017 at 4:02 PM, jambell said:

Hey @TheOnlyCarl, this might be a long shot but what video card do you have? I know the issue is fixed for you, but would you mind sending over a DxDiag as well? It might help to be able to find some common factor with mahys.

here it is

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

I'm having a similar issue. If I try running the game with sound, it will crash entirely. All of my drivers are updated etc, so now I have to disable sounds before running. 

Share this comment

6 hours ago, romantic said:

I'm having a similar issue. If I try running the game with sound, it will crash entirely. All of my drivers are updated etc, so now I have to disable sounds before running. 

Hey @romantic, sorry about that! Can you upload your DxDiag?

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, jambell said:

Hey @romantic, sorry about that! Can you upload your DxDiag?

Sure thing. I hope to play with sound again. Kinda hooked hard into the game, played nearly 28 hours over the last two days haha!

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, romantic said:

Sure thing. I hope to play with sound again. Kinda hooked hard into the game, played nearly 28 hours over the last two days haha!

DxDiag.txt

Thanks!

Hah, I'm glad you're having fun with it. As a sound designer on ONI I wish you could hear it but I'm happy you're enjoying it nonetheless :) 

We just put out the first update, which included an upgrade to FMOD, our audio system. This upgrade might help with this issue, so you could try the preview branch for the update and see if that helps?

Share this comment

26 minutes ago, jambell said:

Thanks!

Hah, I'm glad you're having fun with it. As a sound designer on ONI I wish you could hear it but I'm happy you're enjoying it nonetheless :) 

We just put out the first update, which included an upgrade to FMOD, our audio system. This upgrade might help with this issue, so you could try the preview branch for the update and see if that helps?

Well, I've gone ahead to see if that will help, followed the instructions and now have this issue on loading. No buttons, no loading, nada. 

Screenshot.PNG

Share this comment