App file missing when installing on MAC os.

LasseKroner
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Closed

When I install from steam and try and run ONI on my mac It does not start with the error message missing executable

/User/MYUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded.app

The installed folder only contains a folder named: EmptySteamDepot

Integrity Verification of installed files says everything is a OK.

Steps to Reproduce
1 install and play game on windows machine 2 uninstall 3 go to work (I can install other games so no steam firewall issues) 4 install game on work mac computer 5 try and run game

User Feedback

Because Oxygen Not Included is still in Steam Early Access, right now, only the Windows version is available. That being said, we are working really hard on getting a Mac OSX version available sometime soon.

Because you purchased the game on Windows before it comes out for Mac, you will be able to play it on your Windows machine – and on Mac, it will be added to your game library and will be available for install once the Mac version is out some time in the near future. (As long as you are signed into the same Steam account you use to purchase the game)

If you are interested in testing the Mac OSX version though, please see our guide for being able to access it before it goes live for the public: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/80512-oxygen-not-included-mac-osx-branch-now-open-for-testing/

Share this comment

Thx for the reply I thought the mac version was released as ONI has appeared on my games library list when filtering on MAC games. I guess thats an error on valves account?

Edited by LasseKroner

Share this comment