Time shift when entering a different world ds-shipwrecked

AbsoluteSaiko
  • Version: Console Fixed

Hello, 

I have been playing don't starve for a month now, and it has rapidly became my all time favorite game. That being said I was finally stable enough to enter the volcano. First time there was no noticeable shift in time, however in my second time, I entered the volcano, I went there with the intent of appeasing the altar of snackrifice. It was dry season, volcano gave out the first warning, but altar was closed. Not understanding what had gone wrong g I left the volcano, only to see that there is no volcano warning or strike to be had. I was on day 66, and upon exiting volcano, the season had shifted to the end of mild season. I continued playing until the next dry season just to see what would happen. I entered the volcano once more to make a snackrifice. The altar was closed again. Trying to leave, the game had a critical error while on loading screen between worlds. I couldn't load the saved game. I had to delete it.

I then reinstalled the game and deleted the saved data on the ps4, as this seemed to have helped others. I lost every unlocked character and progress, only to have it happen again. Same pattern. First world change brings nothing noticeable, second one shifts the game completely. This time it was caves in RoG. Deleted again. And it happened again with the seaworthy. This bug is making the game unplayable. Please help. 

Steps to Reproduce
Entering Volcano, caves, and/or seaworthy more than one time with some delay. PS4.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

pal,

don't waste your time writting bugs or even play the game, this bug been around 7 month now, and Klei did nothing to fix it.for me i just deleted the game and every Klei games.

they don't respect us as PS4 player. so why we even try to... 

fun fact; almost every bugs for DS console in this forum is "pending" :)

• Like 1

Share this comment

This issue was fixed on pc, and apparently was submitted to Sony for review back in October, but no one seems to have a reason as to why this update still hasn't been released three months after it was submitted. The fault may lie with either Sony or Klei (or Capy), but Klei certainly is doing a poor job of responding to their PS4 users...

Share this comment

2 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

This issue was fixed on pc, and apparently was submitted to Sony for review back in October, but no one seems to have a reason as to why this update still hasn't been released three months after it was submitted. The fault may lie with either Sony or Klei (or Capy), but Klei certainly is doing a poor job of responding to their PS4 users...

Not fully on PC.

Share this comment

On 1/23/2017 at 9:42 AM, AbsoluteSaiko said:

I'm really sorry to hear that... I do enjoy the game. But if that is the case... They should give us refunds at least 

We all do enjoy and love the game, but in this conditions we can't play rather than enjoying it! for me I did my best to let the developers know and to be informed about this in particulary bug, but yet nobody interesting to hear me or even reply. so the refunds sound really good way to maybe let the developers of this game give us a little of their time to fix the bugs and glitches on DS.

6 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

but yet, they mange to submitte and release DST update? what I fear is they are giving up on DS on consoles and focusing on other things and new games to bring them more money, and this is okay! but they must and need to fix their games first especially fixing a bug like this, that make the game unplayable!!

Share this comment

On 1/24/2017 at 8:35 AM, mzajy said:

We all do enjoy and love the game, but in this conditions we can't play rather than enjoying it! for me I did my best to let the developers know and to be informed about this in particulary bug, but yet nobody interesting to hear me or even reply. so the refunds sound really good way to maybe let the developers of this game give us a little of their time to fix the bugs and glitches on DS.

but yet, they mange to submitte and release DST update? what I fear is they are giving up on DS on consoles and focusing on other things and new games to bring them more money, and this is okay! but they must and need to fix their games first especially fixing a bug like this, that make the game unplayable!!

Problem is, that selling you a broken game, then not answering your questions at least with a "we're working on it " seems fraudulent. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 1/28/2017 at 4:13 PM, AbsoluteSaiko said:

Problem is, that selling you a broken game, then not answering your questions at least with a "we're working on it " seems fraudulent. 

Agreed.

Share this comment

I recently got Shipwrecked and RoG for the PS4 and I've been encountering this bug as well. 

Every time I enter a cave or the volcano the game skips the current season and it really is quite game breaking. 

From this thread I see that the bug has been around for 8 months now and that this report has sat here for 1 whole month without any recognition from the developers. How?! Fix your game Klei! 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sorry for the delay on this. Because of the more complex process for patching issues on the consoles, it necessitated us making a larger patch with more optimizations and fixes rather than piecemeal fixes like we can do on PC.

We're working on submitting the PS4 patch to Sony in the next couple of days, and should hopefully have it available in about 2 weeks time.

We appreciate your patience on this.

• Like 3

Share this comment

Still not fixed.  Been waiting for this to get fixed all of 2017 , please fix this so we can play a normal play through 

Edited by ColoradoMade

Share this comment