seems like server gives the client the wrong seed

Begeesy
  • Pending

All stuff like rocks, trees, bushes are intact but the terrain is corrupted. tried to take off all mods but when i disable all then click apply, the mods are still enabled when i check again. took all mods off, bug is still there. If I host the bug doesn't shows up.

20160706070906_1.jpg

20160706071148_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
join any server as me to find the terrain affected.

User Feedback

re-downloading the whole game AND unsubscribing to the mods to disable them did nothing

Edited by Begeesy

Share this comment

Hello @Begeesy , welcome to the forums. Have you tried to set the executable to Run this program as administrator yet? To do this, follow below:

1. Open Steam Games Library
  2. Right Click Don't Starve Together, click Properties then select Local Files Tab and click Browse Files
  3. Open bin folder
  4. Right click dontstarve_steam.exe, click Properties, select Compatibility Tab and enable "Run this program as administrator"
  5. Press Apply, then Ok
  6. In the same bin folder, do the same with dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer from step 4 and 5
  7. Bring up Steam and start Don't Starve Together

Then either generate a new world by deleting the old server world then starting over. Let me know if it works or not. Cheers.

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment

36 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

it looks like it somewhat worked as i didn't see any stuff in the ocean but there were invisible walls and it crashed on me.

Caure.PNG

20160706095630_1.jpg

Share this comment

did it and got the same crash report before.

as my initial post said, it worked for when generating a new world, just when i join a server the bug shows (one that i didn't have a character registered).

Share this comment

@Begeesy next possibility is that one of the mods you enabled before and then disable is still conflicting with the game for some reason. Repeat Steps 1-2 and open the Mods folder and workshop-### folders exist, delete them all. Also make sure you've complete unsubscribed from any workshop mods you may still have.

Just so we're on the same page, the game crashed and showed you that crash screen (you attached above) when you tried moving but stood in place, correct?

Share this comment

(deleted the mods) honestly it changes every time i test, but somewhere between not seeing, ignoring boarders and mobs going over boarders while i cant.

I also noticed that it wont save anything i do like generated worlds and my browsing server filter.

Share this comment

@Begeesy can you go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether and attach a copy of client_log.txt to your next reply. Then Also take a screenshot of your that folder.

Share this comment

@Begeesy Those are old logs. What I was asking for was the file specifically called client_log.txt (with no added date info in the filename) which should be directly located in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. Are you perhaps using OneDrive, cause that has affected some players before. If you are using OneDrive, then the client_log should be in there.

If you can't attach it through the forums' built in upload, just copy the contents of client_log.txt and paste it in your reply and enclose it in a spoiler by pressing the Eye button at the end of the edit box toolbar. Just so it's not cluttered.

Share this comment

@Begeesy when you press the Win Key and then type "Documents", which Document folder comes up first? I think this is an issue with OneDrive overriding the PC and causing the documents folder to be defaulted to OneDrive itself. If you're not actually using OneDrive, then try and disable it. If however you need to use OneDrive(for other things), then the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether you need should be in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether.

I'd suggest you disable OneDrive OR get the client_log.txt from C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether.

Share this comment