Front-end inconsistencies with Linux

ThemInspectors
  • Pending

There are certain inconsistencies with the front-end game (mostly console) on Linux

1. Server log isn't displayed in the console client while running a hosted world,

2. when running complicated commands such as changing world topology or revealing the map, the client will need to enter the command in twice. (type the command in console, send console input, open it up again, press arrow key up, send console input) to accomplish a command being run

3. Don't Starve Mod Tools are incomplete, there's only a mod uploader for DS Mod tools on Linux.

Steps to Reproduce
N/A? You need Linux to be running DST in a linux environment to reproduce.

User Feedback

Could you clarify a couple of things for us? Are you running the server on your own, or is it being run for you elsewhere? 

For #2, are you talking about the in-game console (via the ~ key)? If so, could you provide us the specific commands you are trying to run, and if you see the word "Remote:" in front of the console?

"Remote:" indicates that the command is being run remotely on the server instead of locally.

Share this comment

On 2017-06-16 at 7:22 PM, JanH said:

Could you clarify a couple of things for us? Are you running the server on your own, or is it being run for you elsewhere? 

For #2, are you talking about the in-game console (via the ~ key)? If so, could you provide us the specific commands you are trying to run, and if you see the word "Remote:" in front of the console?

"Remote:" indicates that the command is being run remotely on the server instead of locally.

Okay so I was Trying a Dedi and hosted world, I found that #2 is a fault on my part, when CTRL+V ing commands it removed the "Remote" part, I don't know if it happens on other OSes, I'll test some more later. In hosted worlds It doesn't have a "Remote" so yeah. Although that doesn't line up with my past experiences.

Also Alt+Anything doesn't communicate with the game correctly, it interacts with the window manager instead, I'm not sure if it could or will be addressed, Instead I usually bind different keys, but it's sometimes annoying behavior.

Share this comment