Food trap for Pigmen/Bunnymen causes huge lag.

Civi
  • Pending

Usually, we can build a lot of Pig Houses or Rabbit Hutchs within an Ice Flingomatic. In order to attract them we build some walls and put some food they like inside, which leads them to keep trying to get the food but blocked by walls. However this, I means, this method, will cause huge lag for a dedicated server( For me, my dedicated server is 2 CPUs and 4GB RAM). Once anyone gets close to THAT village, the host's performance becomes exactly poor and all of us can hardly move or do other actions. And if we don't set the traps, it seems that the host's performance won't go too bad and we can enjoy each other.

So what I'm gonna say is, is there any bug causes this lag? If so, would you please check it out and fix it. Great thanks to you.

Steps to Reproduce
See the description.

User Feedback

I'll try to reproduce this on Monday. How many pig houses do you build and how many players are on the server when it starts to lag?

If you can send me a save data of a world where this happens it could help a lot.

• Like 2

Share this comment

21 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

I'll try to reproduce this on Monday. How many pig houses do you build and how many players are on the server when it starts to lag?

If you can send me a save data of a world where this happens it could help a lot.

About 94 pig houses near the moon stone. When more than 3 players online and not all of them are near those houses, host performence goes poor.

Share this comment

On 5/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, Civi said:

About 94 pig houses near the moon stone. When more than 3 players online and not all of them are near those houses, host performence goes poor.

I took a look, and unfortunately there is no single source of the issue that could quickly be optimized. Its just the cost of having 100ish entities with AI updating in a small area. Sorry, there isn't an easy fix. I'd suggest have pig farms like this be a little smaller and a few screens apart.

You could experiment with __orange's suggestion above, but use at your own risk as it its not supported by klei, and I am not sure how stable it is, so back up your save games beforehand.

• Like 1

Share this comment