Dedicated server "self-regen" issue when the last player dies and leaves it as ghost

sealedpenumbra
  • Pending

Hello!

For the first time i came across this issue in April 2016. I play solo and when i die and leave my server before the world's resetting counter reaches approximately 100 seconds, after some time i see how it begins to regenerate the world itself. In cluster.ini, option "pause_when_empty" is always set to true. Maybe it was intended feature, i'm not sure. My OS is Windows 7 Maximum edition, i use Don't Starve Together beta version.

Thank you for any reply in advance.

EDIT: 4 client_log.txt files and cluster.ini from "MyDediServer" folder were attached.

2nd edit:[Here goes a temporary solution to this bug. It can be helpfull only when the host of the server is in game. When the single player or host dies playing solo, host needs just enter c_shutdown() command fast in each shard window before it will begin world regeneration,  then launch the server again and you will have 180 sec instead of 120 in the world's resetting counter. And most crucially your dedicated server won't begin regenerating the world itself when server is empty.]

I also made a video of this "bug" and uploaded it on YouTube channel, here:

1 - client_log - before launching the game and dedicated server.txt

2 - client_log - dedicated server was launched, both shards are paused.txt

3 - client_log - was killed by Charlie, left the server.txt

4 - client_log - after my dedicated server self-regenerated the world.txt

cluster.ini

Steps to Reproduce
1. Setup a dedicated server of Don't Starve Together beta using all default world presets and no mods, except of Geometric Placement client mod. 2. Gameplay section in cluster.ini should look like this: [GAMEPLAY] game_mode = survival max_players = 6 pvp = false pause_when_empty = true vote_enabled = false 3. Enter the server, die with any of default DST character and close or not the game window. 4. Wait till dedicated server will begin to regenerate world itself.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

On 08/03/2017 at 10:42 AM, Arlesienne said:

@PandoMish, did you submit the log too? I cannot see it. Besides, clean up your inbox please, there's something waiting for you :p.

Oh! Do you have the answer for this problem?

Share this comment

Just now, RobertoRezende said:

Oh! Do you have the answer for this problem?

No, I simply followed the usual steps of having data to learn from.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

No, I simply followed the usual steps of having data to learn from.

Sorry. I don´t think I understood your answer. What do you mean?

Share this comment

Just now, RobertoRezende said:

Sorry. I don´t think I understood your answer. What do you mean?

I want the issue solved. Logs seem like the only evidence we can have. And if there are none, it's possibly hard to reproduce.

• Like 2

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Logs seem like the only evidence we can have. And if there are none, it's possibly hard to reproduce.

Just edited my bug report.

Share this comment