I Think I'm Obsessed... (Random Art Thread)

I have but a few questions...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should I work on a story where Wilson is thrown into Equestria?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you answered yes, where should he be sent there from?

• The Beyond a.k.a the Don't Starve reality
    • Elsewhere (please say where in post or PM)
    • Didn't vote yes...

Oh, ye gods. Something I did as a challenge snowballed into something much more for me. A while back, a group of friends decided to do a D&D-styled roleplay based on the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'd figured that, for absolute kicks, I'd have Wilson (complete with the ability to go insane) land in Equestria after trying to alter Maxwell's Door and get it to take him home instead.

Obviously, it failed. When it opens up, he instead hears a soothing, feminine voice in his head as well sees an increasingly-bright light emerging from it.

"Dear child, before you can return home, your heart needs time to heal," is what he thinks he hears before the white light from the altered door swallows him, blocking the light from his eyes with the Telelocator staff he had in case of emergency. When the light was gone, so was he and the staff.

Obviously, waking up as something non-human was a bit of a brain-breaker.

Posted Image

Quit pulling Trixie's poses, boy. You're better than that. Anyhoo, I managed to get my mitts on a copy of Paint Tool SAI and started playing around with it a bit.

Posted Image

Unlike the first one, which was done on a pixel base, this was done completely free-hand, while trying to remember how I once drew horses a while back. (I liked equines before I had EVER heard of MLP, and that's because my dad used to tell me about when he worked for Charlie Whittingham as a groom. While working for the Bald Eagle, he met my mother and wound up having me.) I'm not going to do a back-shot, that would be awkward. >_>

Posted Image

Can't have a front-view without a side shot. I decided to make him an Earth Pony instead of a Unicorn due to how they are adapted to survive under harsh conditions, much like what the scientist was forced to endure. The chemical beaker that is his 'Cutie Mark' actually links to the creation of the portal that threw him into Maxwell's world, specifically the beaker that he cut his left hand over. In a sense, the time spent in the other world had such a great effect on him that it affected his 'ponification'. (Though not shown, he has a dark-grey line going across the bottom of his front-left hoof.)

Posted Image

I was trying to figure out how the rest of the wild mane connected with the iconic hairstyle and this came out. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't too happy with the eyestyle in this.

Posted Image

I couldn't resist. That's all I can say.

Edited by Tesability

Nu, I owe my existance to equines, so I shall continue strong with the pony! :p

Unresisted snark aside, IF I start turning the others into ponies, the only one I wouldn't turn is Maxwell. I may ponify William, but not Maxie. Why? My theory is the power from the throne would prevent ponification IF Maxwell were to enter Equestria somehow.

Also, since I said that I actually wrote a D20 (technically a D6) sheet for WIlson for a particular type of RP, if anyone wants the sheet and the rulebook for the game it's for, "My Little Pony: Roleplay is Magic", feel free to PM me for it. This upload system is lagging like a jerk on my computer.

Meh, if only I could draw bird wings...

Anyhoo, in my story "Show Me This LIfe" there is a rather-odd character introduced known as a Greater Hallucination (it doesn't have a name of it's own) that's a part of this story's Wilson. Other than the fact that's it's ponified and that it's got the wrong set of wings, this is roughly what it looks like.

Posted Image

Yes, those are CLAWS on its feet. It's also lacking a Cutie Mark because Hallucinations as a whole don't get them and it's also technically-naked. The only time it actually wore clothes was while it appeared while still in Wilson, so it temporarily wore his clothes.

Edited by Tesability
  • Like 1

Thank yas, Math. Eventually (if I can get one to look right!!!), I may eventually try to get more human-looking versions of the characters up, but until then...

There shall be more pony (or some other form of quadraped for Maxwell...the temptation to turn him into a Dracoequuis much like Discord builds greatly...)

• Like 1

Just added a poll to the thread for something I've been debating hugely in my head on. (And no, the Wilson in my head is not cooperating with me on this...a brony, he is not, obviously...)

*fixed poll* There, didn't think that one through...

Edited by Tesability

Posted Image

This is a flat-color because I didn't want to be in Wilson's range when he started to find ways to start THROWING stuff with hooves. I don't know WHAT I did, but I walked in on the Wilson in my head while he was cursing out both the Gods AND Science. His choice of words were making some of the F-bombs drops by the filthiest sailors sound tame and I'm pretty sure he was using swears in a few languages I didn't know as well, which makes me wonder how he knew them. He was ticked off to no end, and I'm pretty sure the Ponification was part of the reason why.

And yes, even as an Earth Pony, he still has his incisors, if you're wondering why some of his teeth are pointed.

I don't know if there are some big poll trolls in this place or the Don't Starve community is THAT evenly split between Bronies and Non-Bronies...

Posted Image

Would you believe me if I said this was the end result of a teleportation failure, even though Earth Ponies can't normally use magic? I said in the first post that when he left the Beyond, he has in his hands the Telelocator staff and didn't seem to be left behind when he disappeared. Guess where it went?

SOMETHING NON-PONY FOR ONCE. This is a rough sketch of the proper appearance of the Greater Hallucination, humanoid and with bird(ish) wings. I was going to post this in one way, but...I feared it would have gotten me a one-way ticket to a ban. SO, I tossed onto it simplified versions of Wilson's clothes (mainly because I haven't figured out how to do them properly...I'm a monster/animal artist, not a human artist, dammit...) both to preempt the sensitive members of the forum from getting me banned by saying I have naked versions of the official characters on the forums and to TRY to give an indirect comparison between the Scientist and the Hallucination.

Posted Image

• Like 1

YUP, I think I've got poll trolls...pfft...

Posted Image

Wilson: Ooowww...note to self, never start a logic argument with the resident God of Chaos...

Lunari Empyrea: 'ey, ish yu otay?

This WAS going to have WeeJay in it, but the organic machination proved to be a problem for me...one that created a LOT of cramps in my hand. So, I wound up replacing him with one of my older (than Don't Starve) characters, Lunari Empyrea.

Yeah, there's lots of ponie haters in the internet, and the forums aren't an exception. I'm not a ponie fan, but sorta annoys me when they complain about something without any other comments other than "Hur dur, this has ponies so i hate this, dur".

And about this new drawing all i can say is this: Awwn, such a cute dragon-like creature.

Way out of my normal comfort zone, this went...I don't draw people and this may illustrate WHY...

Posted Image

For anyone wondering, N---er, I mean, the Greater Hallucination in this pic is turning back into mist to rejoin with its host. And yes, this creature's forearms are so long that it's almost standing perfectly straight and it can still put a flat palm on Wilson's chest.

And that .GIF went completely over my head, what the HELL is that supposed to mean?

EDIT: ...if I'm getting dealt BS just because I wish to draw the characters in a way I feel more comfortable with and am DECENT with while others who draw the characters the 'normal' way and are crappy as hell with it get praise, there will be hell to pay...

Edited by Tesability

*calms down a bit from the .GIF* Okay, then... I was getting the feeling that it referenced something else. It's not at ALL clear that it was referencing one's opinion of the Greater Hallucination, Symage. Next time, especially in my threads, don't put those things up without a caption.

Now's also a good time to point out that I don't understand most .GIFs/memes unless I've seen them before.

*calms down a bit from the .GIF* Okay, then... I was getting the feeling that it referenced something else. It's not at ALL clear that it was referencing one's opinion of the Greater Hallucination, Symage. Next time, especially in my threads, don't put those things up without a caption.

Now's also a good time to point out that I don't understand most .GIFs/memes unless I've seen them before.

Did you think it was showing a guy randomly spraying a counter, then looking in horror at your artwork?