[Setup] Solar Panel with automated mining (no Duplicant)

Hello,

Here's another solar panel setup that I've created. Here's what it does :

- Open / close the bunker door according to the meteor rain status.

- Open / close the door under the space scanner when there's regolith and/or hot materials.

- Auto dig the regolith montain above the solar panel that are protect by windows tiles. No heat transfer from the regolith.

Here's an example in operation (I use an atmo sensor to simulate the coming of the meteor rain, it not necessary in the final setup) :

Automation :

autopano.thumb.png.0ae948331efd4ad8f0252352f8f8d882.pngsetuppano.thumb.png.e40c8bba1ff5c1c26e8374ac5b9dea8d.png

From top to bottom :

Filter Gate 1 : set to 50 secondes -> close the door under the space scanner after the regolith has droped.

Filter Gate 2 : set to 35 secondes -> open the door under the space scanner to let the regolith drop.

Buffer 1 : set to 20 secondes -> time for open/close the doors that auto-dig the regolith.

Filter Gate 3 : set to 5 secondes -> time before the auto-dig sequence begin.

Filter Gate 4 : set to 5 secondes -> time that the doors stay closed.

Buffer Gate 5 : set to 5 secondes -> time that the doors stay open.

The last Not Gate let the doors open at the end of the sequence. Enjoy !

2 hours ago, Argelle said:

After opening the bunker doors, the destruction by doors is automatic, regolith or not, isn't it?

At first I thought you got a way to detect solids or layed pressure plates :)

Nice set up @SamLogan

Yes, I thought to use the pressure plate but many problem : regolith will remain on the plate as well it will distort the resultat. Also, the plate don't let the light pass.

Thanks. :)

3 hours ago, SamLogan said:

- Auto dig the regolith montain above the solar panel that are protect by windows tiles. No heat transfer from the regolith.

Wouldn't there be some heat transfer when doors don't destroy whole column and you have it on top of doors?

Just now, Grimgaw said:

Wouldn't there be some heat transfer when doors don't destroy whole column and you have it on top of doors?

I mean no heat transfer between the regolith and the solar panel. The doors can support this temperature.

Nice design, solve half of the regolith problem, block will be destroyed but materialized regolith will still remain.

But in rapid meteor session(small short meteor rain continuesly will hurt this alot since  for this to open it requires too much time). And before your solar pannel even has a chance to gather any power, door closed. That mean this will produce less power, and even negative power because of power cost for bunker doors.

Shinebug solar cost less cpu and has 100% up time compare to this, require no dups.

What important in a power plant is how much power it can produce, not something cost half of your cpu and produce less power than a natural gas generator.

I had an idea for improvement. With the auto digger to prevent it digging in the case of the blast doors not being fully opened yet due to low power. You could add a smart battery with a big power draw (say, a pump loop) and a single solar panel.That way until the battery was charged by the blast doors opening, the auto digger wouldn't start. Add it in with an and loop somehow?

Bugs can easily get you 720W of continuous power by placing a lure and a feeder between 2 solar panels. However you can only get their number high enough by using a glitch that will probably be fixed at some point (separate areas with liquid locks to make the bugs think they have access to a much bigger room than they should).

separate areas with liquid locks to make the bugs think they have access to a much bigger room than they should

This is not correct. If you leave an open space the shine bugs can leave when they want but the lure keep them tight near the solar panels. You don't need to use the bug whit the water lock. Is sufficient to leave an open space for one duplicant to enter the room. 

The same principle applies also to all the critters. I can sow you some examples when i'm home. (dracko and hatch)

Yes I know that, and I don't mean a lock is needed right next to them. Just somewhere to separate aeras, unless you make the whole map a single huge area (you can, but probably not a good idea).

I'm hoping Klei will fix that kind of glitch by taking the local critter density into account (200 bugs in ~20 tiles), not simply the whole area size.

I don't mean a lock is needed right next to them. Just somewhere to separate aeras, unless you make the whole map a single huge area (you can, but probably not a good idea).

You are wrong. Under you have drekos, my design to storage more that 20 pcs, shyne bugs, and hatch . All are wild, all can be tamed, and all are in open spaces.

image.thumb.png.19e424f3866208c23f78d63c9c25a056.png

image.thumb.png.d1c9bf621fdd59104178e3f601ce3599.pngimage.thumb.png.4793fa0400dc674a747d70b5dc639c12.png

On 18/08/2018 at 3:01 PM, SamLogan said:

Hello,

Here's another solar panel setup that I've created. Here's what it does :

- Open / close the bunker door according to the meteor rain status.

- Open / close the door under the space scanner when there's regolith and/or hot materials.

Here's an example in operation (I use an atmo sensor to simulate the coming of the meteor rain, it not necessary in the final setup) :

why you don't add an autosweeper arm to take the regolith and iron awayvand stock in a container

Archived