• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

5 Screenshots

About This File

So this is literally my very first character mod and I must say I'm quite proud it now! After hours and hours of working with it, the darn thing still continues to make a mockery of me however, I have enough now that I can confidently release him to you people!

I would like to issue a thank you to Nightdweller (he's here around the forums someplace) He has been a tremendous help to me and honestly I couldn't have done this without him. He was the only one brave enough to help me and for that I thank him UvU

This mod isn't as beta'd as when I started. He still has some bugs and major glitches but I wanted a little feedback on how I was doing?

Base Stats Permanently

Sanity:120

Hunger:150

Health:135

Willowson does not overheat easily however he does freeze/ get cold a lot faster then other characters.

It crashes a lot less now but still some (especially when running Reign of Giants)

Hopes for Version 4.0

• Finish selectscreen picture(Im done just need to color it >.>)
  • Get that darn rain hurt prefab to work
  • Try to get him compatible with Don't Starve Together!!!

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Major fixes in prefab. Still no rain damage though -_-

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So the idea is to make a Wilson that has similar skills as Willow ones? Anyway, if help is needed with the mod, i can try to help you.

• Like 1

So the idea is to make a Wilson that has similar skills as Willow ones? Anyway, if help is needed with the mod, i can try to help you.

that would be greatly appreciated. found some files in the original game which i felt would help but I seem to not be able to figure out how to place them within the prefab.

that would be greatly appreciated. found some files in the original game which i felt would help but I seem to not be able to figure out how to place them within the prefab.

I'm gonna try to work on the last 2 points of your list (fire immunity and lower sanity) and see if there are some dialog strings that i can actually write for you. I am really bad in arts so i can't draw the portrait and, if you tell me wich special abilities to use, i can try to make them real. :)

• Like 1

I'm gonna try to work on the last 2 points of your list (fire immunity and lower sanity) and see if there are some dialog strings that i can actually write for you. I am really bad in arts so i can't draw the portrait and, if you tell me wich special abilities to use, i can try to make them real. :-)

sounds cool to me, as far as the dialogue there isn't too much I have to do, I just have a few select phrases I have to rewrite.

with the talk of special abilities the two in specific that I can't seem to get to work is willow's ability to light fire to nearby objects when her sanity is down(i believe these files in the main game are know as "firebug", willowfire" and a select tuning file), and wx-78's health being damaged by rain. I seemed to have figure out the gain around fire recently so that one should be fine. 

I succeded in setting the max sanity to 120, it's nice to know that the abilities are from the game, we can try to get some lines of code from there. I found out that Willowson has NO sound when he talks and it has the same look as Wilson. I think we should fix this ^^

Edit: fire immunity is also done, working for health loss during rain!

Edit2: i am going to add a sound file but i need to know wich character should voice Willowson (hope i explained myself well), tell me it. Also, do you want sparkles to emit when Willowson gets damaged by rain? Or no sparkles should be emitted? Tell me this too please :-)

Edit3: i am having trouble in doing the rain damage, i'm going for the low sanity fire starting. Also i can't fix speech audio :/

Edit4: i love editing.

Edit5: i found how to make Willowson light fires when insane and i am giving you the file of the mod asap

• Like 1

I succeded in setting the max sanity to 120, it's nice to know that the abilities are from the game, we can try to get some lines of code from there. I found out that Willowson has NO sound when he talks and it has the same look as Wilson. I think we should fix this ^^

Edit: fire immunity is also done, working for health loss during rain!

Edit2: i am going to add a sound file but i need to know wich character should voice Willowson (hope i explained myself well), tell me it. Also, do you want sparkles to emit when Willowson gets damaged by rain? Or no sparkles should be emitted? Tell me this too please :-)

Edit3: i am having trouble in doing the rain damage, i'm going for the low sanity fire starting. Also i can't fix speech audio :/

Edit4: i love editing.

Edit5: i found how to make Willowson light fires when insane and i am giving you the file of the mod asap

wow, you're working pretty fast! I seem to have finished up the fixes on all the original dialog myself. 

I had no idea Willowson didn't have a sound file but I was hoping to just use Wilson's. As far as sparks in the rain i didn't see that very necessary myself. I was also looking into some of the rain damage files for wx-78's files and I think i found a possible fix. Also there's no need to worry about the art I'm working on that myself as well. I've almost finished the big profile picture and that one should be ready for the next update. 

You're doing great so far it sounds. 

Here's the Willowson folder, here you can find the speech for when you light a fire because you are low on sanity (make sure NOT to delete or edit the willowfire file), here is the maximum sanity cap (i turned off the natural sanity regeneration), here's the fire immunity, and here and here's the igniting fires when insane. :)

Here's the Willowson folder, here you can find the speech for when you light a fire because you are low on sanity (make sure NOT to delete or edit the willowfire file), here is the maximum sanity cap (i turned off the natural sanity regeneration), here's the fire immunity, and here and here's the igniting fires when insane. :-)

it all looks good to me! I'll see if I can get the rain damage thing to work then I'll show you what iv got. It might take a while tho.

So the plan is basically that we both work about the sanity regen while close to fire and the health loss during rain? I like it :D

• Like 1

The post has "version 1.0 2.0", i think you should fix this my friend :grin:

Edit: i'm gonna try to remove the sparks and make him regain sanity while close to fire, sadly i suck at drawing so i can't help you with the selectscreen picture or else :/ if there are any other special abilities that you want to add, feel free to tell me and i will give it a try :)

The post has "version 1.0 2.0", i think you should fix this my friend :grin:

Edit: i'm gonna try to remove the sparks and make him regain sanity while close to fire, sadly i suck at drawing so i can't help you with the selectscreen picture or else :/ if there are any other special abilities that you want to add, feel free to tell me and i will give it a try :)

Ah thank you for telling me I hadnt noticed that. And thank you if you can femove the sparks that would be nice but if you cant thats fine too. Also no need to worry about the art. I'v got it all under wraps, just need to get off my lazy butt and ink it all in. UvU thank you again.

Ah thank you for telling me I hadnt noticed that. And thank you if you can femove the sparks that would be nice but if you cant thats fine too. Also no need to worry about the art. I'v got it all under wraps, just need to get off my lazy butt and ink it all in. UvU thank you again.

Now the title is version 2.0 2.0 XD. Did you succeed in adding sanity while close to fire or it is still to do? Also, are there others special abilities that you want to do?

Edit: the mod makes the game crash as i enable it, it happened to me too when i wrote a wrong string of code. Let's see what's wrong and fix it asap.

Now the title is version 2.0 2.0 XD. Did you succeed in adding sanity while close to fire or it is still to do? Also, are there others special abilities that you want to do?

Edit: the mod makes the game crash as i enable it, it happened to me too when i wrote a wrong string of code. Let's see what's wrong and fix it asap.

no i couldn't figure out how to get the sanity thing to work.

and i find it strange that the mod crashes all of a sudden for you? maybe I can ask around and see what I did wrong

I was very busy theese days, i'm gonna work on the mod as soon so possible, i'm sorry

meh thats alright. the holidays were going on so i figured that's what was going on. TO be honest i didn't do much myself either UvU

• Like 1

After 2 hours of hard work i found out... that i can't get why it crashes on startup!!! I think i am gonna try to use the old version that i gave to you and work on it.

That might work cause after fiddling with it myself I ended up making the willowfire ability not work anymore. -_- back to the drawing board for both of us I suppose