• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Industrial Resolution [discontinued] 3.1

11 Screenshots

About This File

ir_big.jpgThis mod introduces electricity and machinery to Don't Starve

Do you want to fight Maxwell?

Do you want to show the shadows who's boss?

No revolution is complete without Coal and Electricity!

If you agree with the above point, then this mod is like made for you. It introduces electricity and machinery to Don't Starve, without (wanting to) ignore its amazing feel of uncertainity and artistic developement.

Modules

paragraph.png

Unlike most mods, this one is split up into several modules. As such, you can install the parts you want and don't need the rest! Furthermore, updating is easier. And of course this allows for third-party modules, the Treeslacoil by @Corrosive for instance.

The following official modules are currently available:

• BASE brings electricity itself. This is the core mod, you need to install it.
  • CRAFTWORKS allows advanced crafting. Being cheaper, but more complicated, this mod is ideal for whoever is concerned about resource management.
  • UTILITY is tool- and survival-orientated. It offers electric alternatives for most basic elements needed to stay alive.
  • MILITARY brings weapons, armour and miscellanious combat entities. This is what you want if you came here thinking of laser guns, power fists and electric fence.
  • Robotics is not functional. Use at your sole discretion.

Documentation

paragraph.png

If you install and enable Tomes of Knowledge, you can find or craft an in-game guide. It magically scientifically expands with updates. It should give you the idea, and is highly recommended. For more detailed information, read the changelogs or the source code.

The old documentation thread is here. You might enjoy reading this story as well.

Compatibility

paragraph.png

All modules are compatible with DS base and DS RoG. They are also compatible with ShipWrecked, though some things might not work, as this is not a high priority. DST support is possible in future but unlike as it stands.

Industrial Resolution includes minor World Generation stuff and edits some game objects. In general, it should be 100% compatible with any other mod. If you notice problems in this regard, please do not hesitate to inform me!

This modpack supports the following mods:

If you want to see more cross-mod, tell me please!

Credits

paragraph.png

I want to thank the following people for helping in the creation of Industrial Resolution:

@Folthan for drawing the LED and giving me that software ;)

@NoobModder for drawing several IRM objects

@Estel for praise and feedback

@Mikeloeven for telling me to just do it and giving me that other software ;)

All users who suggested content or changes for their interest

You for reading all of this and being (presumably) awesome

GIF1.gif

What's New in Version 3.1   See changelog

Released

Added IR for DST WIP, feel free to work off it.

• Like 11

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'd already download it and see those new things and I don't have any idea what those things do and how could they work. You should post more description.

• Like 7

I'd already download it and see those new things and I don't have any idea what those things do and how could they work. You should post more description.

I agree with this

• Like 1

I agree with this

Sorry if it wasn't plain enough: So far only the mod basis (the electricity basics) is available. I am about half-way through the first addition though, which will be a seperate mod file.

• Like 1

Still halfway? Im excited so any updates are appreciated :grin:

Christmas stress is eating up my time like Wolfgang eats meatstew. I'm done with the coding, but most animating is still left to do, as well as fine-sanding, balancing and other finishing touches. Expect it to be out by christmas! ;)

Turns out "electricity" flashlight guy is active again, and planning to actually go electricity. Expect some form of compability, maybe even complimentary content (or if things go ridiclious, mod merge).

Is this RoG compatible?

i want know this too !

I want to know too! ...no, sorry, but I don't have RoG in the first place. Most base mods work with RoG, but if it doesn't, I can try to work around the issue.

Oh, and Steam Workshop release is planned for when IRU is done (only textures and animations missing).

This mod looks really interesting, however, I am really confused by what all the structures in the "electricity" tab do.  Is this mod unfinished at the moment, am I missing something, or something else?

Not only do I not now how most of them work, I don't know what they even do.  Would someone please help me or lead me in the right direction?  I can see that there was a lot of attention to detail and work put in by the mod creator but I am afraid I may be unable to use it all after hours or trying to figure it out.  Thanks.

This mod looks really interesting, however, I am really confused by what all the structures in the "electricity" tab do.  Is this mod unfinished at the moment, am I missing something, or something else?

Not only do I not now how most of them work, I don't know what they even do.  Would someone please help me or lead me in the right direction?  I can see that there was a lot of attention to detail and work put in by the mod creator but I am afraid I may be unable to use it all after hours or trying to figure it out.  Thanks.

I've been thinking about a trailer of sorts, including the upcoming branch 'U'. I can make that a tutorial while I'm at it ;-)

including the upcoming branch 'U'. I can make that a tutorial while I'm at i

That would be great because this mod really deserves to be checked out by the masses but the lack of info on it doesn't do it the justice it deserves.  I know I'm not the smartest person but I'm really confused about what the application is for these structures.

That would be great because this mod really deserves to be checked out by the masses but the lack of info on it doesn't do it the justice it deserves.  I know I'm not the smartest person but I'm really confused about what the application is for these structures.

Done! This diar... logbook explains the point and basic properties behind all of the currently available IR content.

• Like 1

Just a friendly note Mobbie.....you may want to repackage the IRC module so it unzips into its own folder, rather than just into the destination folder (\mods usually)

Having to manually make the IRC foder and move the files can easily lead to mistakes (like me moving the modsettings.lua file and thus causing my game to not boot up lol).