• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds 3 new explosive weapons! The grenade, the cluster grenade and the fire bomb!

The grenade functions as expected. You throw it and it explodes. It's good for crowd control and taking on some of the more threatening and slower moving targets. The recipe is a tallbird egg, gunpowder and a unit of manure.

The cluster grenade is a bit different. You throw it, it explodes and nine normal grenades explode out, then detonate themselves. It's even better at crowd control and is better suited for highly threatening and even slower moving targets. The recipe is 3 grenades.

The fire bomb explodes on impact and causes flaming manure to burst out and fly in all directions. The explosion deals a little damage but the fire damage, and massive amount of panic and confusion it causes is surprisingly effective for taking out quick moving targets or targets posing an average threat. The recipe is a bird egg, a torch and one unit of manure.

The grenade and cluster grenade deal 25% more damage than gunpowder and have a 75% wider explosion radius. But be careful, you can also take damage from all 3 bombs. To help prevent players from instantly dieing from one wrong grenade toss, I made it so the maximum amount of damage the player can take from each grenade is only a third of their total health. You still have to exercise caution, especially with cluster grenades, but it won't be as bad as it could be. All recipes can be found in the weapons tab.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What loser keeps giving all of my mods a one star vote within minutes of it's upload? I just uploaded 3 mods in a row a couple minutes ago and already someone has given each of them a 1 star vote. This is why a lot of modders don't bother uploading things here anymore.

• Like 2

What loser keeps giving all of my mods a one star vote within minutes of it's upload? I just uploaded 3 mods in a row a couple minutes ago and already someone has given each of them a 1 star vote. This is why a lot of modders don't bother uploading things here anymore.

Don't worry! I'll give 5 star to all!

• Like 1

Don't worry! I'll give 5 star to all!

Haha. Only 5?? Why so low? In all seriousness though, I don't expect copious amounts of praise or anything but it would be nice if whoever has been giving all of my mods instant 1 star votes, within minutes of me uploading them, for the last couple of months would get over their personal grudge and move on.

Again, no screenshots. This is why I don't download your mods.

Again, this topic. Why does it matter what the grenades look like? They'll only be on the screen for a second, and then they explode. Please tell me you're not the person giving all my mods a 1 star vote just because there's no screenshots.

• Like 1

Looks cool, thanks!  Could you list the construction recipes?  And the damage stats would be helpful - I see they're "more than gunpowder" which means 200+, but would be helpful to know exactly how much.

I've 5-starred it before download to counteract the 1 star idiot.  I'll give it a go tomorrow hopefully!

Thanks for all your great mods and especially for continuing to mod the game.  I'm very new to DS and was greatly pleased to see the large number of mods available, but also it seemed like the number of new mods/updates has slowed down quite a bit relative to a few months ago?  It's great to see talented modders are still adding new content!

• Like 1

Looks cool, thanks!  Could you list the construction recipes?  And the damage stats would be helpful - I see they're "more than gunpowder" which means 200+, but would be helpful to know exactly how much.

I've 5-starred it before download to counteract the 1 star idiot.  I'll give it a go tomorrow hopefully!

Thanks for all your great mods and especially for continuing to mod the game.  I'm very new to DS and was greatly pleased to see the large number of mods available, but also it seemed like the number of new mods/updates has slowed down quite a bit relative to a few months ago?  It's great to see talented modders are still adding new content!

I updated the description. Sorry about the lack of detail in the last one. I was pushing real hard to get it done so I could get on with my halloween.

And thanks for the vote! You honestly don't have to do that though. It was just bugging me how every mod I've uploaded received a 1 star vote while it had 0 downloads, moments after I uploaded it. It's been an on-going thing for a few months now and it's kinda hard to see that as anything but someone being petty.

I've noticed the DS community coming to a grinding halt in the last few months too. It seems like everyone collectively got bored of DS. But that's nothing to worry about since DS Together is coming and the community will pick right back up again once it's released.

Only just downloaded this, and I have to say, I am impressed. It looks hacked together, but at the same time it is not dirty code...

I didn't even try them out in-game though, so yeah... 5 stars

I updated the description. Sorry about the lack of detail in the last one. I was pushing real hard to get it done so I could get on with my halloween.

Awesome, thanks!  And the ingredients look good - I really like that it uses a Tailbird egg, because I've never bothered with Tailbirds before.  They seemed more trouble than they were worth, given how easy it is to get normal eggs (monster meat + birdcage.)  

This will give me a reason to bother the Tailbirds, and maybe hatch some from eggs to produce more (though I'm unclear if that's worth it, as the Wiki seems to suggest that Tailbirds only grow and nest if their parent is already dead? So there will never be more Tailbirds in the world than the original number of generated nests?  If so, that's a shame - and would be a good idea for a mod - enable Tailbird farming!)

Subscribed on Steam.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

Only just downloaded this, and I have to say, I am impressed. It looks hacked together, but at the same time it is not dirty code...

I didn't even try them out in-game though, so yeah... 5 stars

I choose to take that as a compliment! :grin: What do you mean by hacked together though?

Subscribed on Steam.  Thanks again!

That's the best place to subscribe. Enjoy!

Again, this topic. Why does it matter what the grenades look like? They'll only be on the screen for a second, and then they explode. Please tell me you're not the person giving all my mods a 1 star vote just because there's no screenshots.

I didn't dowload it, so I really don't want to rate this, and less than all I would rate this one star.

Listen, if you write a book, and it's good, and you like it and would like the others to like it too, it would be a shame to just simply put a generic title and nothing else on the cover.

Do you see my point?

I didn't dowload it, so I really don't want to rate this, and less than all I would rate this one star.

Listen, if you write a book, and it's good, and you like it and would like the others to like it too, it would be a shame to just simply put a generic title and nothing else on the cover.

Do you see my point?

Wooow that is the worst example you could have given. Have you ever heard the phrase, "You can't judge a book by it's cover"? It means the cover doesn't mean anything. It's the most useless part of the entire book. That's why the covers for most books are so bland. In fact some of the most acclaimed books of all time just had plain text on the cover. They literally, in your own words, "simply put a generic title and nothing else on the cover".

I don't know what your obsession is with screenshots but you do realize advanced graphics aren't really one of Don't Starve's strong points, right? It's very proud of it's animated 2D doodles, maybe even too much. To be so picky about how things look in a setting that's so artistically casual in the first place seems very backwards. All you're doing is closing off your own world for the sake of something that even the devs weren't very enthusiastic with. I'm sorry but you simply can't win this one. Unless a mod makes graphical changes to the game, a simple text description is more than sufficient. The people that absolutely need screenshots are free to move on to the next mod. It doesn't bother me in the least bit because I'm having too much fun playing with grenades.

Books ARE judged by their covers.

The ones you say are famous even if they have a generic title, such as Dante's Commedia, are famous because of both period and because of how good they are, they quickly got advertised by who read it.

But nowadays its different. Who would buy a book called "Commedia"? I wouldn't.

But this is just my opinion.

Books ARE judged by their covers. The ones you say are famous even if they have a generic title, such as Dante's Commedia, are famous because of both period and because of how good they are, they quickly got advertised by who read it. But nowadays its different. Who would buy a book called "Commedia"? I wouldn't. But this is just my opinion.

For crying out loud, are we still doing this? Everything you just said only furthers my point. If someone tries my mod and decides it's good, it would be because they didn't judge it by it's "cover", which would be why that expression is so meaningful. Why is this conversation still happening? Just give it up. You. Can't. Win. Don't waste your energy. I'm NOT putting up any screenshots. It will NEVER happen. If you want to try the mod so bad then just do it. Stop waiting for a screenshot cause it will never come.