• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

10 Screenshots

About This File

Adds Many additional crock pot recipes.

Batilisk wings are made cookable (they count as 1/2 monster meat)
Seeds made cookable
Cold meat dish included to cool Wigfrid during the summer
Candied Bacon included to help Wigfrid with sanity

- compatible with Display Food Values and Smarter Crock Pot mods
- compatible with Beefalo Milk and Cheese mod (can used cooked Milk in any recipe that requires milk)

Please leave feedback if you have any comments, errors, or suggestions

Known issues
Items don't appear properly in Warly's portable crock pot (will be fixed next update)
Some recipes accidentally disabled in Shipwrecked (will be fixed next update)

Expect New Changes Soon
=-=-=-=-

A version compatible with DST is on steam
You can download it here - even without a steam account
http://steamworkshop.download/download/view/381565292 

What's New in Version 4.1   See changelog

Released

=-=-=-=-
RE: v 4.1 and higher
Shipwrecked added some new recipes, and a few more will be added to this mod.
In order to avoid conflicts, some of the recipes may be changing slightly.

Announcements will be made in the change logs when and if this occurs.
=-=-=-=-

v 4.1 Liquor License Update w/ High Fructose!
Need a quick nip to calm your nerves?
Brew up a cold drink in the old Crock Pot, just be careful to keep it away from open flames.
Not enough fruit in your diet? You've come to the right place.
Looking for some variety in recipes? This mod adds four new growable garden crops and over fifty new crock pot recipes in total.
(If you don't have Reign of Giants DLC is installed, some recipies will be disabled).

Let Waiter 101 serve up a wonderful a varied menu to your Don't Starve game experience.
Several dairy, fruit, and mushroom based dishes, a even a couple for Cactus lovers.
Breads, Cakes, Soups, Salads, An amazing cornucopia of cookable meals as well as a few tasty sweet deserts!

Batilisk Wings are made into a cookable item (counting as 1/2 value monster meat)
Untoasted seeds are also cookable.
Have trouble finding the right ingredients?
No Honey? Cook up an alternative sweetener in your crockpot.
Not enough dairy products? Stew a stick of oleo to use as a substitute.

Looking for even more incentive?
This mod Includes a sweet and meaty sanity saving snack for Wigfrid as well as a cold meat dish for a cool snack in the summer, and a few other cold and hot dishes.

-- Compatible with Display Food Values and Smarter Crock Pot mods
-- Compatible with Beefalo Milk and Cheese mod - allowing Fresh (cooked) Milk to be used in select recipes.

===============================================================
This mod adds over 50 items and some players have reported problems with other large mods or when running many mods. (the mod simply stops working as the food items don't load)
===============================================================

Thanks for any and all feedback and bug reports.
Please feel free to offer suggestions

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can't seem to get Nopolito Con Huevo to cook. Always comes up with mushy eggs (Corn, egg, cactus plus 1, no meat fruit or twig).

But loving this mod generally. Combined with Camp Cuisine and TAP, the choice for dinner is amazing lol

Can't seem to get Nopolito Con Huevo to cook. Always comes up with mushy eggs (Corn, egg, cactus plus 1, no meat fruit or twig).

But loving this mod generally. Combined with Camp Cuisine and TAP, the choice for dinner is amazing lol

Nopalito con Huevos = Corn, Cactus, Egg, + filler : No Meat, No Fruit, No Inedible (twigs)

(Next update [v 2.1] will allow meat in it, but you might [50% chance] get Perogi if you put in meat)

What are you using for your 4th ingredient?

I just tried it and used Corn + Corn + Cactus + Egg and got it on the first try.

Are you using version 2.0 or higher of the mod?

Nopalito con Huevos were not in version 1.18 or earlier.

Do you have Reign of Giants installed and enabled on the game you are using?

The recipe is dependent on having RoG enabled and Installed.

But then again I don't know where you would be getting Cactus without RoG, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am working on a way to enable recipes even without RoG enabled, in case you have a different way to get cactus or other ingredients (such as milk). Currently the game encounters problems (ie. crashes) if I try to enable a recipe that requires an ingredient that doesn't exist.

Definitely running RoG and v2.0 of Waiter 101

Tried using both Corn x2 , cactus, egg, plus corn, cactus, egg and carrot : always getting mushy eggs every time. Also tried with veggies and filler from Camp Cuisine (potatoes, yams and spices) - same result.

The only thing I can think of is a conflict with Tiny Alchemy Powers, where that mod has custom cactus prefabs, although the cactus flesh should be the same. I'll try some experiments in a fresh world with TAP disabled.

Thanks for taking the time to double check the recipe.

Tried using both Corn x2 , cactus, egg, plus corn, cactus, egg and carrot : always getting mushy eggs every time. Also tried with veggies and filler from Camp Cuisine (potatoes, yams and spices) - same result.

The only thing I can think of is a conflict with Tiny Alchemy Powers, where that mod has custom cactus prefabs, although the cactus flesh should be the same. I'll try some experiments in a fresh world with TAP disabled.

I'll take a look at that mod as well, but in the meantime in v2.2 I've made some changes that will hopefully correct or at least reduce conflicts between other mods.

I added a tag to Cactus flesh for my recipies, if their mod also adds a tag it may be removing mine.

Ok, yeah that mod has some custom stuff going on that is causing.. not conflicts, but just doesnt work right.

According to RoG cactus is a vegetable, but his is tagged as fruit, nopalitos wont work with fruit in them.

I am trying to contact the Author to work out compatibility issues.

You can make these changes yourself to the Tiny Alchemy mod,

AddIngredientValues({"cactus_picked"}, {fruit=1, cactus=1 }, true)

AddIngredientValues({"cactus_cooked"}, {fruit=1, cactus=1, precook=1 }, true)

AddIngredientValues({"nuts"}, {fruit=1, nut=1, seed=1}, true)

AddIngredientValues({"nuts_cooked"}, {fruit=1, nut=1, seed=1, precook=1}, true)

AddIngredientValues({"truffles"}, {truffles=1, fungus=1})

AddIngredientValues({"truffles_cooked"}, {truffles=1, fungus=1, precook=1})

AddIngredientValues({"salt"}, {salt=1, spices=1})

AddIngredientValues({"flour"}, {loose=1, grain=1})

AddIngredientValues({"shelldust"}, {loose=1, grain=1})

Although that still won't help until I remove the fruit restriction from Nopalitos.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this in depth.

I'll add those tweaks to my copy of TAP.

Thanks again! Above and beyond, seriously.

ETA: Just a FYI. I just looked at the TAP code, and he only uses cactus for one recipe, (cactus cocktail), which is a veggie recipe anyway, so I edited his AddingedientValues for cactus_meat to have it as veggie, so hopefully, that should solve the Nopalito issue.

Cactus_cooked and Cactus_picked are his prefabs for adding cactus to vanilla games. Those two prefabs aren't declared for RoG worlds.

Really, really awesome mod! I like discovering the new recipes, much.

Hoever - as you might have missed it - there is awesome new "framework" for books in-game available, "Tomes of Knowledge":
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1211-tomes-of-knowledge/

...that you could use to make lore-friendly notes - scattered around the world - containing new recipes. For example, currently ToK have book that contains basegame recipes - using the framework, you could easily make book that could - for example - spawn in fitting set piece, that would contain some recipes (most likely, not all recipes in one book - it would be fun to found them in various places, like, backpack near skeleton, or destroyed camp, or...).

I think it would be really fitting, given the nature of "Waiter 101" - who doesn't love recipe books? :D

I wonder if the original author is still around? Shipwrecked-compatible version - considering all the tropical and seafood components - would be awesome.

• Like 1

Bump - Updated to v 4_1
Sorry for not updating this version more often.

Known issues
Items don't appear properly in Warly's portable crock pot
Some recipes accidentally disabled in Shipwrecked (will be fixed next update)

Edited by MidrealmDM

On 4/6/2016 at 3:19 PM, Estel said:

I wonder if the original author is still around? Shipwrecked-compatible version - considering all the tropical and seafood components - would be awesome.

@Estel I'm here - sorry - I've been updating the mod on steam, but forgot about this version

Anyway - Im working on changes for shipwrecked, but it is fully compatible with Shipwrecked at the moment.

I have a steam version compatible with DST as well.

You can download it here - even without a steam account
http://steamworkshop.download/download/view/381565292 

Edited by MidrealmDM
  • Like 1