• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

9 Screenshots

About This File

This mod is also on the Steam Workshop

Steam Version (Single Player)

or

Steam Version (Multiplayer)

Meet Drok

Drok is a simple minded caveman. Drok loves a good meal, he eats everything but he prefers meat over anything. Drok is also quite afraid of monster and evil things. He thinks they are connected with evil spirits.

When the time passes, Drok will grow a head full of hair. This is helpful to keep him warm in the winter, but Drok can't stay in the blazing sun in the summer with a full head of hair so he prefers to shave it in the hot summer months. The longer Drok's hair is, the stronger he feels.

Since Drok is a caveman and he always had to struggle to survive he became strong, so his attacks are quite powerful but then again, he feels stronger with longer hair. His survival skills allow him to create a useful weapon: the Throwing Spear.

Drok likes to draw on rocks, we call them cave paintings.

Meet Wigstan

As you start your adventure with Drok, you will receive a Roundish Stone. Drok can use some berries, ashes and a normal stone to create some red dye. With this red dye and the roundish stone Drok will be able to paint a face on the stone, thus Wigstan is born. Wigstan has two stages, excluding the roundish stone. The further you upgrade Wigstan the more Drok will like Wigstan, increasing Drok's sanity when he is close.

Features

Drok has a large stomach.

Drok grows hair that keeps him warm and makes him feel stronger, but overheat him faster in summers.

Drok doesn't have a big brain (low sanity).

Drok can create cave paintings.

Drok can craft a throwing spear to use for hunting and fighting.

Drok doesn't lose sanity inside caves when he is in dark places.

Drok has completely customized speech, including Reign of Giants DLC.

Where to find the items?

Red Dye - Refine Tab

Wigstan - Refine Tab

Throwing Spear - Fight Tab

Cave Paintings - Structures Tab

Winter Fur - Dress Tab

Remember that some items need to be crafted at a science machine or an alchemy engine.

I hope you enjoy playing as Drok

What's New in Version 1.9.6   See changelog

Released

• - Improved Drok's head. He now has a more caveman-like brow.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lost sanity at Day then gains sanity at dust/night , because you know his a "CAVEMAN" he used to live in dark places

Lost sanity at Day then gains sanity at dust/night , because you know his a "CAVEMAN" he used to live in dark places

This is a good balancing idea! Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe he gains sanity when he is at his campfire around dusk/night instead of everywhere at dusk/night because he loves his fire but maybe this is too OP...

I will try to implement something like this in a balanced way.

Or, Perhaps, he gains sanity near fires as well as bonus sanity from eating meats. Also a slower sanity loss in caves/ruins. But perhaps he loses sanity when he crafts complicated, or is around complex/magical items/structures. 

He should have bonuses while exploring, well, caves. You know, because he is a caveman.

Thanks for the feedback, I know he should gain bonuses in caves but it is hard to balance so much advantages. I will try to give it a go either way. But what sort of bonuses were you thinking about?

This is a good balancing idea! Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe he gains sanity when he is at his campfire around dusk/night instead of everywhere at dusk/night because he loves his fire but maybe this is too OP...

I will try to implement something like this in a balanced way.

Such Drok be faster and stronger inside the caves?

No, no, no.  It can't be!

Yes, yes, yes. This is gooooood.

Beautiful starting art and neat idea!

He is fantastic! There are many custom characters, but Drok stole my heart! :-)

I will definitely play as him :-)

I'm glad you guys like him, Drok 1.5 is coming very soon and i think you'll love the update!

Cheers!

this crashes with rpg hud (neat rpg hud 25), i really love this mod (and will like it more when you update it more) but i really love my rpg hud too, if you could update it to fix this crash, that would be great. It's not a huge deal, i'm training myself for DST by not using any mods, but still. Great character, very original.

this crashes with rpg hud (neat rpg hud 25), i really love this mod (and will like it more when you update it more) but i really love my rpg hud too, if you could update it to fix this crash, that would be great. It's not a huge deal, i'm training myself for DST by not using any mods, but still. Great character, very original.

Can you send me a personal message with your crash log? I will look into it.

what about a sleep cave, that you can sleep in, you can only sleep in it in 3 day's and then it will collapse, and when its collapsed you can repair with stone, and then you can sleep in it again. It will take 10 stones to repair it.

• Like 1

port to DST please.

before i do it

You can't do it without creator's permission. Quickshot is already making DST version.

You can't do it without creator's permission. Quickshot is already making DST version.

I actually can, and have.

Although I wouldn't recommend using my version xD