• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wallflower: The Psychotic Flower 0.3.4b

1 Screenshot

About This File

WALLFLOWER

Changelog

This mod is a brand new character "Wallflower" with a new game mechanic, "Sunshine".

Steam Link

H604F5E.png

In Game:

EnjYXlK.png

Description:

Wallflower is is very fragile character in mind and body. Since this little flower has had a psychotic break he can't seem to photosynthesize correctly.

Stats:

Starting -

Hunger 100*

Health 65*

Sanity 50

*Grow as you photosynthesize

The Perks of Being a Wallflower:

• The Sun gives him strength.
  • He can grab butterflies and bees without a net.
  • You can cook and eat poop.
  • Photosynthesis makes you shine at night.
  • Sunshine provides insulation in the winter

1st world Wallflower Problems:

• Really fragile at the start.
  • Fire drains sanity.
  • Food is limited to a few things that flowers like.
  • Sunshine makes summer harder to deal with.

Sunshine Feature:

The player will need to manage his Sunshine Levels to keep him from dying too fast. Your meter will fill up during day and slower at dusk. The rate is affected by certain things.

• Supercharges Wallflower
  • Makes Wallflower glow at night
  • Keeps you warm in the winter and hotter in the summer
  • Can be managed by sanity and shade.

Strategies:

• Make sure to photosynthesizes as much as possible before winter.
  • Discharge before summer and keep some portable shade on you.
  • Get a source of light and warmth that are not fire based.
  • Try and stay out of the caves.

Notes:

I consider this a beta release. Wallflower has not been fully tested and will require some tweaks and improvements. Please comment with constructive suggestions on how to make him better (not easier or harder). I would like to have a balanced character.

Some other things:

• Custom Dialog
  • Loot drop on hurt
  • Try not to murder trees
  • Minimap Icon
  • Configuration Options

IMPORTANT: Fix Link

There is currently a bug in the game that affects Wolfgang and Wallflower. Building too many effigies will crash your game. Wallflower has a soft limit of 2 because of his starting health. If you build 3 or more your game will crash when you die.

Food Tuning:

I'm sure these values need to be tweaked so please let me know if you have suggestions.

yVd3tDN.png

------------------------------------------

ChangeLog

What's New in Version 0.3.4b   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I like the looks of this character, will be trying him/her out in a few minutes.. though id like to know if we can get a more detailed explanation on what happens while you photosynthesize (Dmg and other stat multipliers, etc.. also says above stats grow as you photosynthesize ? by how much ?)

I like the looks of this character, will be trying him/her out in a few minutes.. though id like to know if we can get a more detailed explanation on what happens while you photosynthesize (Dmg and other stat multipliers, etc.. also says above stats grow as you photosynthesize ? by how much ?)

Mechanics

If you would like to know the exact numbers please look at wallflower.lua (sunshineBuff).