• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

For those who don't know:

In nature, when a bee colony grows too large, or when the hive has two queen bees that won't fight to the death, the colony will divide in half and half of the bees will accompany the leaving queen to form a new hive some place nearby.

What that means to this mod:

When a hive grows old enough, it's bees will work together to form a new beehive somewhere close by. That's pretty much it. In a nutshell, this makes honeycomb a renewable resource.

Recent Changes:

-Killer Bee Hives can now also divide, optional, off by default.

-Bee Boxes can now also create beehives, optional, off by default.

What's New in Version 08/22/14 06:39 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Nice, that makes sense. Though are there any limits to stop hives taking over the world? As it sounds like they would essentially spread faster and faster as more and more appear. Some details on how fast they spread would be nice, as I don't want to end up as a full time beekeeper/exterminator.

Each beehive has a base time of 45 days before it will divide. That's 45 days AFTER you enable the mod in a save and 45 days for all new beehives. This can be adjusted in the configuration menu.

I wanna see a video/gif and/or some images of how this works. It would then seem cooler. Btw, people, you can just exterminate all of the bees, you know, and you won't get anymore. Besides you only need like 3 to have honey for everything (I have way too much honey myself; I can make tons of Honey pultices, Honey nuggets, Honey ham and taffy!)

Im afraid the world would be filled with beehives...? gives so much lags.

it will be ok?

No, everybody will die!

You allways can turn off mod after you have enough beehives.

And beehives out of your "player magic"(load range) don't require that many ram/cpu(cause no active searching bees).

• Like 1

It would bee nice if you rename the mod as "more realistic beehave" D:

• Like 1