• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Do you need more of a challenge? RoG isn't hard enough? Wes is too easy for you? You think all mods are too OP? Then it's time to nut up or shut up! Get your gear together cause this mod hates you more than could ever imagine and it's just waiting for you to screw up. And when you do, it will be there to make sure you die a slow, painful, agonizing death.

What this mod does:

Your movement speed is scaled directly to your health. The less health you have, the slower you move. That's just the beginning. Hunger is another factor. You'll move even slower if you're hungry. Let me guess, you think being full will prevent that right? Pfft, think again. Being too full will slow you down, too. I hope you're good at managing your hunger. Now before you go thinking this is too cruel, I put in a limit to how slow you can move. You can still move really slow but it won't be as bad as it could be. So don't say I never did anything nice for you.

How much damage you do also scales in direct relation to your health and hunger. Low on either? Haha, your spear will break long before your enemy does. Did I mention you also get hungry 25% faster? I hope you're a fast runner. Oh... Right... The movement speed thing...

Not impressed, yet? Well, try this one on for size, homeboy. Every time you're attacked, you have a fair chance of a getting something vital ripped open. What does that mean? What the hell do you think?? It means you could bleed to death! While you're bleeding, you'll lose 2 health points and 1 sanity point a second until you heal yourself. Oh, and don't expect meatballs or flowers to save you. Nope, you'll need something stronger to stop the bleeding. I hope you're resourceful.

I know what you're thinking, "What about sanity?" Hahaha! Does any of this look sane to you?? No. Everybody's sanity drops over time. And by everybody, I mean EVERYBODY. "Including mod characters?" you ask? What kind of pathetic amateur do you take me for?? Of course them too! Nobody is safe from anything in this mod! And we're just getting started. If your sanity drops below a certain percentage, you can't use tools anymore. It doesn't end there, either. If it drops below a second point, you can't even do things like harvest crops, grass, twigs or even pick flowers. Don't lose your mind out there cause you may never get it back.

Still too easy? Don't worry, princess. I've got you covered. Everything that attacks you also does an additional 35% damage and 25% of that damage is deducted from your sanity. Oh and Charlie, aka Grue? Yeah, she instantly kills you now. Yep, one hit kill. Every. Single. Time. Keep that torch close. Now you're probably thinking things like resurrection stones and meat effigies will save you. HAHAHA, guess what. Being resurrected cuts off a third of your total health. Permanently. Every time. Forever. Two resurrections and Wilson's maximum health is at 66 points! Getting it, yet? Haha, and reloading a save? Yeah, that won't change a thing. Like I said, it's permanent!

I know what you're thinking, "Is that where it ends? Can I stop reading now?" Haha, not even close. Every time you eat something, there's a chance the smell of your food and the sound of you eating will attract hounds. This ain't no picnic, son, this is survival! Do you enjoy building your base up? You won't for long! Every time you build something, there's a chance a stray murderous robot will come running out of the woods. But that should be no problem for you, right? Well then how about this? Chopping down trees may wake up tentacles sleeping underground and they won't be happy with you disturbing them. Mining boulders? Yep, spiders might be hiding under them. This world is overflowing with lifeforms! It's too bad they're all so hungry. The dead lifeforms, too. Speaking of which, did I mention there's a decent chance a ghost will rise from a recently killed corpse? Yeah, that's a thing now, too.

But wait, dogs, robots and spiders? Big whoop, am I right? Well it's a big whoop now. Very big. Every monster in the game now has a chance to be much bigger than the types you're used to. If they look bigger then that means they have more health, do more damage and move faster. But that's not all. There's yet another chance it will spawn as a "mega version". What's a mega version? Something that only little babies would be scared of. You're not a little baby... are you?

While you're furrowing your brow in a vain attempt to answer that last question, let me ask you another. Do you remember how your inventory used to have 15 slots? And did you notice how I just now said, "used to"? Yep, your inventory has been cut in half. You now have seven slots to make miracles happen before you die. Oh and your map? It resets every night. Only sissies hide behind paperwork to keep themselves alive. Real survivors use paper for only one thing and you're not going to have time for that, not with all the dying you'll be doing.

Is all of this sounding too hard? Then let me say it one last time, nut up or shut up.

What's New in Version 10/21/14 02:46 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I typed up a short checklist you can run through:

https://copy.com/vhVMIpQYO7LE

Thanks for the checklist, so

1-i have steam version, my installation is ok

2-i tried even removing other mods, it crashes when i click on the "mod" button

3-i was just opening the mod button, as i said before

4-the game closed with this message (italian, translates into:

dontstarve_steam.exe ceased working

Windows: there was a problem that denied the correct working of the program. If a resoution is aviable, the program will be closed and a notification will be automatically sent.

Close programs

5- here's my log.txt, you can freely download or simply read it.

I hope it was enough :)

Thanks for the checklist, so

1-i have steam version, my installation is ok

2-i tried even removing other mods, it crashes when i click on the "mod" button

3-i was just opening the mod button, as i said before

4-the game closed with <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mediafire.com/view/j3997t4itp915yq/don" href="http://www.mediafire.com/view/j3997t4itp915yq/don" t_starve_crash.png"="">this message (italian, translates into:

dontstarve_steam.exe ceased working

Windows: there was a problem that denied the correct working of the program. If a resoution is aviable, the program will be closed and a notification will be automatically sent.

Close programs

5- here's my log.txt, you can freely download or simply read it.

I hope it was enough :-)

Wow. It looks like it crashed before it could finish writing to the log. If that's the case you certainly have a nasty bug on your hands. I've only seen that happen a few times. In any case, I would like you to try something.

1. Go to \steam\userdata\27965209\219740\remote

2. Look for a file named "modindex" and delete it(or move it to another directory). Don't worry, it will automatically be recreated when Don't Starve runs again.

3. Run Don't Starve. If you have Steam Cloud enabled, it will ask if you want to download files from the cloud. Do not download them.

4. Go to your mods menu and enable Hard Mode only. Then try to load or start a new save.

Let me know what happens. If it crashes, let me see the new log.

Wow. It looks like it crashed before it could finish writing to the log. If that's the case you certainly have a nasty bug on your hands. I've only seen that happen a few times. In any case, I would like you to try something.

1. Go to \steam\userdata\27965209\219740\remote

2. Look for a file named "modindex" and delete it(or move it to another directory). Don't worry, it will automatically be recreated when Don't Starve runs again.

3. Run Don't Starve. If you have Steam Cloud enabled, it will ask if you want to download files from the cloud. Do not download them.

4. Go to your mods menu and enable Hard Mode only. Then try to load or start a new save.

Let me know what happens. If it crashes, let me see the new log.

It still closes itself. I hope i didn't delete the wrong file, because i don't have the two numbers that you wrote in the userdata folder but i have some others (want a screenshot?). It would be cool to know the name of the files that are in the remote folder to be sure that i am working on the correct one. Here's my new log by the way.

It still closes itself. I hope i didn't delete the wrong file, because i don't have the two numbers that you wrote in the userdata folder but i have some others (want a screenshot?). It would be cool to know the name of the files that are in the remote folder to be sure that i am working on the correct one. Here's my new log by the way.

Is there a folder named 219740 inside of 72041009 or 100888421? If so, that's the one you want. The file you want to delete is named "modindex".

Also I updated the download. I doubt the changes I made will make a difference but it's worth a try. Download the newer version and try it out.

Is there a folder named 219740 inside of 72041009 or 100888421? If so, that's the one you want. The file you want to delete is named "modindex".

Also I updated the download. I doubt the changes I made will make a difference but it's worth a try. Download the newer version and try it out.

It works now man, i don't know what you did but.... Good Job :)

It works now man, i don't know what you did but.... Good Job :-)

Great! I'm glad it's working now. But which thing did you try to get it working?

Great! I'm glad it's working now. But which thing did you try to get it working?

Downloaded it many times, removing and then adding back the mod. When you said you updated the code, i tried again and it worked.

Wow. Just Wow.

So, I'm pretty new to DS, I only last about 50-100 days (128 is my best).

This is just epic. I see a few people having issues - bug logs, etc - but props to the Modder on creating a truely hateful world.

Wow. Just Wow.

So, I'm pretty new to DS, I only last about 50-100 days (128 is my best).

This is just epic. I see a few people having issues - bug logs, etc - but props to the Modder on creating a truely hateful world.

Thank you. The bug was caused by a texture that was 64x65 instead of 64x64. That one extra pixel was enough to cause problems.

... Not even to mention the writing of the blurb, this is most-certainly the best mod ever. #Mouse5God

5God, I've always wanted a mod like this. Hell, this tackles all the key areas that required address in terms of mechanical difficulty. I think the passive spawns from harvesting is a bit messy and could be conceptually reiterated with the same concept of bring the world alive but perhaps more with the integrity's framework in mind, but I've wanted this to happen (at all) so much for so long that... Bless thou.

I'm Crybaby Peepants of third iteration:

I cried when summer came first time into my world.

I cried when dragonfly brutally murdered me after burning my base to ashes.

I cried when I found that mod.

Liek if you cry everytim...

This mod is really AWESOME..!!! This is exactly what i want ;3!! This mod + Lights Off World = The Glory of the Impossible ;v