• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Up and Away alpha-0.2.8

20 Screenshots

About This File

Attention!

We recommend that you also install the MemSpikeFix mod. This will lower the normally heavy memory load that occurs when you have multiple large mods activated, or many many small mods activated. If you are experiencing crashes or extremely long load times while having multiple mods activated, the MemSpikeFix mod may fix or alleviate these issues.

The MemSpikeFix is available both as a forum download and as a Steam Workshop subscription.

You know, you're a hard worker. Life in this desolate land is tough. You've got to fight to survive, scratching out a living in the dirt, clinging on by whatever means necessary. Just hoping that tomorrow will come.

What if I told you there was more than this out there? That right above your head, up there in the sky there was a whole new world? A paradise unlike any other.

Would you like to see it?

I ask very little of you. For a small sum, a kingdom can be yours. The very land you tread is as soft as any mattress. There's food wherever you look. A veritable buffet of the sweetest treats you'll ever enjoy.

Doesn't that sound good?

Animals of all shapes and sizes will flock to you. Weird and wondrous sights a-plenty. What about a giant mushroom? What about a giant mushroom made entirely of jelly? There's all that and more.

You don't have to stay here, jumping at shadows and living off bark. I shall wait for you on the road as rain falls. Come, come find me and I'll give you your freedom.

Why not go Up and Away?

Up and Away adds an entirely new world to explore. To get started, you must find the Shopkeeper, a suspicious fellow who will spawn along the brick road during the rain. Among the new content added, there is a new tech branch, new mechanics, and much more. For those in a rush, a preset has been added to simplify the process of gaining access to the land above.

The mod is currently in alpha, and so there may exist bugs and incompatibilities with other mods. If you find any, do report it, as fixing any possible issues is a priority. Feedback is welcome and encouraged!

What's New in Version alpha-0.2.8   See changelog

Released

• + Fixed a crash on strart that occured to some shenanigans with mount_enabled, added with the QOL update.
    + The mod should function properly without DLC.
  • + Fixed the clock not changing color when loading a save in which static is occuring.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 minutes ago, DeathGod632 said:

for some reason, I use the mod yet when I try to climb the beanstalk, it won't work, when I spawn in the shopkeeper with console commands, he freezes the game, when I attack a beanlet, it crashes, when one day passes on the ground area, game crashes, any way to fix this.

Unfortunately, the mod team is no longer on the forums and it is unlikely this problem will ever be fixed.

It is fixable, but we don't know how. If someone more capable came in with a solution, we'd be able to carry on.

Crashes if you have Shipwrecked DLC installed, I had to make a copy of Don't Starve folder without SW to get it to work. Oh, and also Spoiled Tea changes into Spoiled Spoiled Tea after some time:

Spoiled spoiled tea

Edited by NobodyCares69

I checked the dev version. It seemed to work, but it sadly didn't. First off, for whatever reason I started in summer, even though I selected spring (just to get the man with the umbrella to spawn faster), he didn't spawn. Then when I spawned him, he made me unable to move and the hud disappeared however nothing happened, I had to alt f4 out. Then I spawned a beanstalk but I couldn't climb it, it only said examine. Is the cloud world only possible to access with Winnie or something? I'm using the latest game version possible - 198251, if that is something important.

9 hours ago, NobodyCares69 said:

I checked the dev version. It seemed to work, but it sadly didn't. First off, for whatever reason I started in summer, even though I selected spring (just to get the man with the umbrella to spawn faster), he didn't spawn. Then when I spawned him, he made me unable to move and the hud disappeared however nothing happened, I had to alt f4 out. Then I spawned a beanstalk but I couldn't climb it, it only said examine. Is the cloud world only possible to access with Winnie or something? I'm using the latest game version possible - 198251, if that is something important.

There are a ton of incompatibilities between Up and Away and Don't Starve/Together. Right now, it's not playable on the latest version, vanilla or otherwise. It's very unlikely that this iteration of Up and Away will be updated in the future in a meaningful way. I simply don't have the time to learn what is needed to bring the mod to a playable state.

However, there is good news. I am going to release a standalone version of Winnie early next year, re-balanced and rewritten for Don't Starve/Together.

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 1

Well, i like this kinds of mods because you have different playing options; you´ve made a great work man :)

• Like 2

• Developer

The team wishes we could make this mod larger and better, but alas, real life always has different plans, and time is cruel.

• Like 3

when i try to play this mod the game just crashes every time i don't have any other mods installed other than this one

why cant use come our warning cant use this mod is this is for DST or single mod ? help me i want to use this mod cuz is so cool

Well, i hope it will work, i”ll try to find out if its working with the most popular mods, such as Display hunger, temperature, max stacks etc etc...

5 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

*plop plop plop*

Is that the sound of raindrops hitting an umbrella? That's what I hear...

Hi for some reason, I can not get this mod to work, I tired the version on this forum download and the github, but neither seem to work, I load up the mod and it freezes on the title screen, the only thing that moves is the shopkeeper on the side but the rest freezes, I am using the gog version of the game.

3 hours ago, SuperMich said:

Hi for some reason, I can not get this mod to work, I tired the version on this forum download and the github, but neither seem to work, I load up the mod and it freezes on the title screen, the only thing that moves is the shopkeeper on the side but the rest freezes, I am using the gog version of the game.

Could you upload your log.txt so I can see what's happening?

I absolutely love this mod haha!! I hope so badly it gets recognized and becomes a big thing with don’t starve and I hope it never goes always it’s just such a beautiful mod!!