• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Up and Away alpha-0.2.8

20 Screenshots

About This File

Attention!

We recommend that you also install the MemSpikeFix mod. This will lower the normally heavy memory load that occurs when you have multiple large mods activated, or many many small mods activated. If you are experiencing crashes or extremely long load times while having multiple mods activated, the MemSpikeFix mod may fix or alleviate these issues.

The MemSpikeFix is available both as a forum download and as a Steam Workshop subscription.

You know, you're a hard worker. Life in this desolate land is tough. You've got to fight to survive, scratching out a living in the dirt, clinging on by whatever means necessary. Just hoping that tomorrow will come.

What if I told you there was more than this out there? That right above your head, up there in the sky there was a whole new world? A paradise unlike any other.

Would you like to see it?

I ask very little of you. For a small sum, a kingdom can be yours. The very land you tread is as soft as any mattress. There's food wherever you look. A veritable buffet of the sweetest treats you'll ever enjoy.

Doesn't that sound good?

Animals of all shapes and sizes will flock to you. Weird and wondrous sights a-plenty. What about a giant mushroom? What about a giant mushroom made entirely of jelly? There's all that and more.

You don't have to stay here, jumping at shadows and living off bark. I shall wait for you on the road as rain falls. Come, come find me and I'll give you your freedom.

Why not go Up and Away?

Up and Away adds an entirely new world to explore. To get started, you must find the Shopkeeper, a suspicious fellow who will spawn along the brick road during the rain. Among the new content added, there is a new tech branch, new mechanics, and much more. For those in a rush, a preset has been added to simplify the process of gaining access to the land above.

The mod is currently in alpha, and so there may exist bugs and incompatibilities with other mods. If you find any, do report it, as fixing any possible issues is a priority. Feedback is welcome and encouraged!

What's New in Version alpha-0.2.8   See changelog

Released

• + Fixed a crash on strart that occured to some shenanigans with mount_enabled, added with the QOL update.
    + The mod should function properly without DLC.
  • + Fixed the clock not changing color when loading a save in which static is occuring.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'll see if the Wren mod affects the weather even if you're not playing as Wren, and more generally see if any of these mods can cause these issues.

Thanks.)

I downloaded 0.0.5 version and now I can't open containers with something in my hands - it automatically stores (or tryes to store) an instrument inside.

Returning to 0.0.4 version solved this.

once the mod crashed with the memspikefix mod and i can't re-enable it

it says "crashed on last use automatically disabled" when i enable it , it disables itself

i tried to reinstall them but that didn't work

can someone help?

it says "crashed on last use automatically disabled" when i enable it , it disables itself

can someone help?

Please post the log (try to reenable the mod, exit the game and post the log).

If you don't know where to find your log.txt, check this thread.

can someone help?

Did you try to change the mod's API?

Please post the log (try to reenable the mod, exit the game and post the log).

If you don't know where to find your log.txt, check this thread.

there isn't any log.txt at Documents\ klei\donotstarve

do i need to create it?

there isn't any log.txt at Documents\ klei\donotstarve\log.txt  do i need to create it?

There has to be... You're on Windows, right?

(and there isn't a space before 'klei', that's a typo, and capitalization may differ)

There has to be... You're on Windows, right?

(and there isn't a space before 'klei', that's a typo, and capitalization may differ)

yes windows xp,and i know there isn't any space before klei

i have bin,mods,data folders in don't starve folder

ah these are really buggy mods i don't need them

what is API?

In the folder of mod there is file "modinfo.lua". Open it (I use the program called "Notepad"). You will see beside all something like "API version = 6". Try to change it into 5 or 4, save changes and enable mod than.

yes windows xp,and i know there isn't any space before klei

i have bin,mods,data folders in don't starve folder

ah these are really buggy mods i don't need them

You are looking at the Don't Starve installation directory, that's not it. You should be looking into My Documents.

In the folder of mod there is file "modinfo.lua". Open it (I use the program called "Notepad"). You will see beside all something like "API version = 6". Try to change it into 5 or 4, save changes and enable mod than.

I doubt that's it, otherwise the mod wouldn't be working before at all.

I doubt that's it, otherwise the mod wouldn't be working before at all.

Well, it helps sometimes, especially if someone for some reasons plays not the latest version of game.)

Is that blue crystal axe infinite? I chopped with it about 10 trees and it's still 100%. A little OP, I think, blue crystals are pretty common in cloudrealm.

Is that blue crystal axe infinite? I chopped with it about 10 trees and it's still 100%. A little OP, I think, blue crystals are pretty common in cloudrealm.

It's meant as a weapon (and the durability decreases from using it like that). Apparently no one thought of its use as a regular axe :razz:. Thanks for picking up on that, this bug will be fixed in the next update.

Could you please post a log?

If you don't know how to get your log:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24881-logs-and-useful-info-for-bug-reports/

Could you please post a log?

If you don't know how to get your log:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24881-logs-and-useful-info-for-bug-reports/

I understood why it didn't work, it seems to be incompatible with "Always on status" mod but only if  i use Winnie. Other custom characters work. if you want, i will still post a log. Other informatios: tried to generate the world with "Always on status" turned off (it worked), exit the world, turn it back on and re-entering the world. It said that more or less 10 scripts of your mod were missing. If i,instead, simply generate it with "Always on status" turned on, it said that Don't Starve crashed and closes itself.

I understood why it didn't work, it seems to be incompatible with "Always on status" mod but only if  i use Winnie. Other custom characters work. if you want, i will still post a log. Other informatios: tried to generate the world with "Always on status" turned off (it worked), exit the world, turn it back on and re-entering the world. It said that more or less 10 scripts of your mod were missing. If i,instead, simply generate it with "Always on status" turned on, it said that Don't Starve crashed and closes itself.

Did you try 0.0.5 version? What about my bug with autostoring of the weapon in hand to the containers? Did you face that?

Did you try 0.0.5 version? What about my bug with autostoring of the weapon in hand to the containers? Did you face that?

The crash happens in every version and yes, if i have something (every item, not only weapons) in my hand, it automatically puts the item in the containers. In case of fridges or full boxes it simply says that "That can't go in there" and the storage does not open. It happens with every character, even custom ones. I can post the the screenshot of the missing scripts or the log (or both) when i generate the world with "Always on status" enabled, if needed.

it worked i set it to 3

it says "out of date" but this is way more better than not working thanks a lot!

both mods got fixed

Please post a log. We are compatible with Always On Status, or at least we were.

It's kinda like Aether for minecraft, so far the best mod I've ever seen! Keep up the good work

I just wish that most of the mobs in the mod were in sync with the speed of their walking

Please post a log. We are compatible with Always On Status, or at least we were.

Here's my log, you can see it without problems (you can download it too). I can also give you a link to download my Don't Starve folder too if you think it may help trying it out yourselves, you just need to ask. Tell me if you found out the problem or if you need some other informations (like the log i gave you). I hope this bug will be easy and not boring to fix :grin:

Also, is it normal that Winnie gains some naughtiness and loses one sanity point every time i strike something and gains one every time i eat some non-meat food? Last time a krampus spawned while i was fighting some hounds (i didn't kill some animals before). If you tweaked the naughtiness sistem in Winnie, i think that could be the thing that makes the game crash.