• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

First try at modding, so don't smack me too hard, please ^w^

Ever wanted to play one of those creatures that hunt you when you're insane? Now you can. Once a servant of them, but not anymore, Minari now joins the fun. As he was banished from the realm of shadows for being a renegade, he can't now walk through any obstacles so easily and will be attacked by his once-fellows nightmares if met. Yet, he is stronger than any other character and is well-suited for long walks across the wasteland.

*300 hunger with slower hunger-rate

*100 health and sanity = easy to kill and to go back into realm of shadows

*Nightvision

*His name started with "M", as he is a renegade villain, just as Maxwel

Unfortunaly has no custom dialogues, as I don't know english well enough to make jokes =(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

He's OK, I guess...

Maybe if you made him transparent, he'd be super fantastic-abulous!

EDIT: He looks pretty damn cool. And if you don't know how to make him transparent, you can just slap:

inst.AnimState:SetMultColour(1,1,1,0.5)

into his prefab, where his stats are. You can also change the "0.5" to however transparent you want him to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's OK, I guess...

EDIT: He looks pretty damn cool. And if you don't know how to make him transparent, you can just slap:

into his prefab, where his stats are. You can also change the "0.5" to however transparent you want him to be.

Oh, so THAT'S the command! I tried to make him transparent, but each time I add new line - the game crashed ==

Thanx, I'll be sure to try it in new versions!

He's OK, I guess...

does not work.

Look, you created a great character, but you made it too OP, according to me.
My suggestion is to take off the hunger rate bonus you added, or to put a malus there (a malus would be balanced, since he has larger stomach and eats spoiled freely), leave the reduced sanity drain from night (he sees in the dark, so no problem) and add a sanity drain malus to monsters (they HATE him, he's a renegade now, and he should know what will happen if an older friend of his gets near him...)

Viledemonsoul if you how to do all this - go ahead. As I said, it is a FIRST TRY in modding and I'm a horrible scripter. And unfortunately noone wishes to help, so I'm here on my own, copying lines from here and there and see what happens.

I'm not saying you "Go away" or anything like that, I'm just saying that I don't know how to do what you're requesting me to do. I can increase his hunger rate back to normal, thou...

It's just changing a few values in the mnr.lua prefab, like from
inst.components.hunger:SetRate(TUNING.WILSON_HUNGER_RATE*.7) [the bonus you put]
to
inst.components.hunger:SetRate(TUNING.WILSON_HUNGER_RATE*1.5) [one time and half the food comsumption of the standard]
and from

inst.components.sanity.neg_aura_mult = .3 [almost no sanity loss]

to

inst.components.sanity.neg_aura_mult = 2 [scared as hell from monsters, a few treeguards will get you mad]
Wish I could help more, but I know nothing of coding, scripting and anything like that, so I can't, sorry :(

not working on maxwell update,,it only work in moderately freindly update... pls update :o

Look at the upload date! This mod was MADE after All's Well That Maxwell came out!

Look at the upload date! This mod was MADE after All's Well That Maxwell came out!

It's true, I have "All well that Maxwel" version of the game and it works just fine.

How about if he could shadow escape (if that's not already for the character), so he's a lot harder to kill. Once hit, he disapears and reappears not far away from the spot he got hit. I mean he's still part of the shadows, right so he should have abilities like that I think ;)

• Like 1

One more thing... Try and do the adventure mode with this character and: so much NOPE

What I mean is you can't finish Adventure mode with it :(

I have edit file atlas-0.tex in mnr.zip and him transparent

Screenshot18_zpsca88c39a.png

There's a big problem with doing it in the atlas: when you're not wearing a hat, the head is less transparent when wearing a had and is more transparent when wearing a hat. The method I posted that you put in the prefab is a better method that is also the same method used for the actual shadow creatures.

There's a big problem with doing it in the atlas: when you're not wearing a hat, the head is less transparent when wearing a had and is more transparent when wearing a hat. The method I posted that you put in the prefab is a better method that is also the same method used for the actual shadow creatures.

why you have those button on top?  like the go invincible ... what mods are you using?