• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wesna The Lost Student 0.8.2

3 Screenshots

About This File

0.8.2: Fixed fire Choppy burning on death not droping necronomicon only ash

0.8.1: Fixed mod crashing at savegame and sometimes start new game

Keep in mind this mod is still in Beta, it works fine for all i tested but it needs more testing

so i will keep it in beta till I'm sure it is ready

Please... if you find some minor or even major bugs please let me know i will try to fix them

This is my first mod.. like... ever, so bear with me

Custom character Wesna and her companion hound Choppy

Wesna: hp 150/ hunger 150/ sanity 200

Starts with a unique item Necronomicon

When reading necronomicon it turns into Choppy

When Choppy dies necronomicon is droped

Comes with own speech

Choppy: hp 200/ dmg 20

Follows you wherever you go

Attacks what you attack, defends when you are attacked and when he is hit

Upgradeable with a blue or red gem to a fire or ice Choppy

Upgraded: hp 400/ dmg 40

Fire version inflicts burn

Ice version inflicts freeze

I wish to hereby thank all these awesome people for guiding me and helping finish this

as a new moder i started from scrach and needed the help

Thank you Malacath, DannaAddams, Aredshroom and esspecialy Goldfish911

And thank you the guy who made HF Summons it helped me not alot but ALOT

I didnt know him i hear hes gone and said if someone can keep his mods up to date

Well i hope this is one way to keep it atleast a little

I BOW TO YOU ALL

What's New in Version 0.8.2   See changelog

Released

• Fixed fire choppy igniting on death, he shouldnt have done that from the start, therefore droping only ash
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I really like this, but is upgraded Choppy to powerful? a follower who freezes enemy's for the cost of a blue gem. Maybe if the gem only lasted like 3 days, or wore off like a weapon, in usage. OR is it not OP and I just need to see it for myself. That just sounds like a little too much. No other problems with anything else tho. I like this character. 

truly idk, he does attack only one target a time unlike abigail, and the freeze is ocasionaly its not every attack maybe 1 in 10. but if he is op i will lower it definitely

it dosent work for my i meen i downloaded her and activated her and then i shoose her for the game then it finish loading the map i have 3 options 1.exit game 2.disable mods 3.mod forums .please help

it dosent work for my i meen i downloaded her and activated her and then i shoose her for the game then it finish loading the map i have 3 options 1.exit game 2.disable mods 3.mod forums .please help

mod not working 4me

I apologize for this inconvenience, i have looked at the matter and it should be fine now, please give it another try

Maybe you could make the necronomicon not burnable? When Fire Choppy dies and sets everything on fire, the necronomicon is also turned to ash. 

Maybe you could make the necronomicon not burnable? When Fire Choppy dies and sets everything on fire, the necronomicon is also turned to ash. 

Fixed, the problem was necronomicon was NOT burnable from the start but somehow flaming choppy droped only ash when he burned on death, lol. made fire choppy not ignite on death, how i intended to be so people dont use him as a flame bomb on large spider dens sending him to his death xD

With my mod, I couldn't get the robots to drop gears as loot, so I made them spawn them upon death, not as loot. 

All you'd have to do is go into the StateGraphs file for Choppy, find the"death" state and replace:

inst.components.lootdropper:DropLoot(Vector3(inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())) 

with

SpawnPrefab("necronomicon").Transform:SetPosition(inst:GetPosition():Get())

Then he could still ignite upon death and, seeing as the Necronomicon is not burnable, it should still appear.

EDIT: After testing this, he did not ignite upon death. I'm using the 0.8.1 version, where he did before I applied the change. I have to go now, but if you choose to take a look into this and it does the same for you, I'll try to find a way.

ANOTHER EDIT: I must have missed the line saying "he shouldn't have done that from the start". Sorry if this is pointless then, but I may leave it up in case you change your mind or anything.

With my mod, I couldn't get the robots to drop gears as loot, so I made them spawn them upon death, not as loot. 

All you'd have to do is go into the StateGraphs file for Choppy, find the"death" state and replace:

inst.components.lootdropper:DropLoot(Vector3(inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())) 

with

SpawnPrefab("necronomicon").Transform:SetPosition(inst:GetPosition():Get())

Then he could still ignite upon death and, seeing as the Necronomicon is not burnable, it should still appear.

EDIT: After testing this, he did not ignite upon death. I'm using the 0.8.1 version, where he did before I applied the change. I have to go now, but if you choose to take a look into this and it does the same for you, I'll try to find a way.

ANOTHER EDIT: I must have missed the line saying "he shouldn't have done that from the start". Sorry if this is pointless then, but I may leave it up in case you change your mind or anything.

thank you for taking your time trying to help :) i decided not to leave him burnable on death cause people might

abuse it and send him into swarms of spiders to his death just to burn them

yeah at first i wanted fire choppy to ignite on death and spawn necronomicon and had problems with that too.

I made it work in the end by going into scripts/components/houndtypes.lua

there you have the code for fire choppy:

function HoundTypes:LoadMeRed()

self.currenttype = "red"

self.inst.AnimState:SetBuild("hound_red")

self.inst.components.lootdropper:SetLoot({"houndfire","houndfire","houndfire"})

self.inst.components.lootdropper:AddChanceLoot("redgem", 0.5)

self.inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(400)

self.inst.components.combat:SetDefaultDamage(40)

self.inst.components.health.fire_damage_scale = 0

self.inst:RemoveComponent("burnable")

self.inst:RemoveComponent("propagator")

this line here:

made him somehow overide the lootdrop code in choppy.lua making the fire choppy not droping necronomicon

it somehow regarded fire choppy and choppy as seperate entityes, so i had to add "necronomicon" in that line to make

fire choppy drop it when he dies and ignites or delete the whole line to make him not ignite on death and give priority to choppy's lootdrop

funny, and i was thinking all along it was burning the necronomicon somehow (even when it cant be burned) but it was not droping it at all xD

function HoundTypes:LoadMeRed()

self.currenttype = "red"

self.inst.AnimState:SetBuild("hound_red")

self.inst.components.lootdropper:AddChanceLoot("redgem", 0.5)

self.inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(400)

self.inst.components.combat:SetDefaultDamage(40)

self.inst.components.health.fire_damage_scale = 0

self.inst:RemoveComponent("burnable")

self.inst:RemoveComponent("propagator")

this line here:

made him somehow overide the lootdrop code in choppy.lua making the fire choppy not droping necronomicon

it somehow regarded fire choppy and choppy as seperate entityes, so i had to add "necronomicon" in that line to make

fire choppy drop it when he dies and ignites or delete the whole line to make him not ignite on death and give priority to choppy's lootdrop

funny, and i was thinking all along it was burning the necronomicon somehow (even when it cant be burned) but it was not droping it at all xD

Oh, I see where my code went wrong. I didn't realize it was counted as lot, I thought there was a script for it.

Also: I noticed you made a new book_fx anim folder, were you planning to make it so when she reads books the effects are black?

Oh, I see where my code went wrong. I didn't realize it was counted as lot, I thought there was a script for it.

Also: I noticed you made a new book_fx anim folder, were you planning to make it so when she reads books the effects are black?

oh i just checked the uploaded zip, how embarrassing it got left behind xD i was messing with it but didn't manage to get anywhere :D you can find the followersitcommand too which at the moment doesn't do anything, wanted to make choppy stand still so i can feed him the gem without having to chase his ass to the end of the friggin map. but will fix that soon

does not seem to want to work for me...it says multiple character specific fields and lines are missing from the files...

HI ! i have a question , my sanity is down at 145 , like life with meat effigy. Is it normal , i have summon choppy.

this char doesnt work if you play with " always on status mod " , just desable it and you can play with wesna ^^ Good character , nice look , good speech ! and chopy is not OP.

I really love the idea of this character, but I'm having issues where I can't select her when starting a new game. It instantly crashes on me. I'm having this issue now with a lot of the custom characters. I wonder how to fix this?

Can't seem to get this to work, it just crashes every time I go to select Wesna in the character selection screen. What am I doing wrong?