• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Clockwork Tooth Trap (RoG compatible) 1.2.1

1 Screenshot

About This File

Maintaining an effective killing field of tooth traps is a time consuming process. Recent advancements in gear technology have lead to self-resetting traps: the Clockwork Tooth Trap, dealing 55 points of damage and having 21 uses, automatically resetting itself 8 seconds after being sprung.

This trap is more convenient than it's more primitive counterpart, but that comes at a cost: Clockwork Traps run on hound's teeth as "fuel", and when the trap runs out of fuel it stops resetting (but does not vanish). Fueling it with a hound's tooth restores 7 uses. A tooth is only accepted if the remaining uses are 14 or less, to prevent resource waste.

Dealing slightly less damage and costing more teeth to upkeep, regular traps are still more resource efficient.

You gain the ability to set traps that you never need to worry about replacing. Have some beautiful designs made of death and they will always stay that way. To increase cleanup, the traps are pickup on right-click only. This means you can left-click or hold spacebar to your heart's content near them.

It requires an Alchemy Engine for crafting, costing 1 log, 1 gear and 3 hound's teeth.

Concept by Ortorin, art by Xjurwi and strings by TooMuchHoneyHam.

@GRNCeleryStick was kind enough to make a video spotlighting the mod, check it out:

What's New in Version 1.2.1   See changelog

Released

• Cleared out of date warning.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yay a mod released by simplex thats more then 10 bytes big!

This looks like a pretty nice mod to use, and especially convenient since im in the middle of a run with mr. William J Dannigher orhoweveryouspellit>.<

• Like 1

Nice work on the mod :-)  I made a video spotlight of your mod :-)  ClockWork Traps

Nice, thank you! I'll include the video here and in the steam workshop page.

(it seems the link you posted here was the wrong one, but I found the right one)

Cool, let's see if the DLs go up. =D

Quit being so greedy. :razz:

i cant see the image of the item when planting the tooth trap???

I just retested it, and the item appears as usual when planting, just like the regular tooth trap.

Could you be more specific, such as posting a screenshot?

it wont work in ROG! ver.97989.

once i turn it on in mods and click the "OK"(then the mod's loaded)

it'll stop me from controling----the mouse or the keyboard wont work any more!

none of the buttons are clickable!

i'll have to press ALT+F4 to end the game!

can anybody fix this? many thanks!

ahmm i dunno how to post image if i will use url,, sorry

ahmm..when planting the toothtrap theres no green on the floor,,

and when i tried to plant it the image of toothtrap is gone and i cant even pick it up coz its not visible,,its like when i plant it on the floor i can only see the floor but theres no image of your toothtrap get it..???

ahmm i dunno how to post image if i will use url,, sorry

ahmm..when planting the toothtrap theres no green on the floor,,

and when i tried to plant it the image of toothtrap is gone and i cant even pick it up coz its not visible,,its like when i plant it on the floor i can only see the floor but theres no image of your toothtrap get it..???

Got it. I just don't see why you're having this issue, as it works fine on my end and I haven't heard of other people with the same issue.

b6IP4be.png

Do you have other mods installed?

ahmm this is my update dont starve version (1.96692) whats the new update version??? thats what im using now and and the version where the problem occur..

im also having the same problem with @NabellaLyn777. i cant also see the item when planting the clockwork tooth trap

Hey Simplex, I'm seeing an issue with this mod, it's crashing when the mod first loads. I have a log.txt for you here: http://pastebin.com/sWcRMfBk

I've picked around at your code a bit, and it seems the culprit is the "return" in modmain.lua, line 38 (leave the AddPrefabPostInit call, just remove the 'return' part). Unfortunately this is a side-effect of the MoonScript compiler, so I don't know how to fix it in your modmain.moon file.

I tried to post a pic, then a link but was unable to.

I came across a problem that I hope is fixable, cause I have over a hundred clockwork tooth traps and REALLY don't want to lose them. I can start a fresh game or a different save file but on the one I want, I keep getting a crash.

Basically, I get an error at... scripts/prefabs/clockwork_trap_teeth.lua(51,1) in function 'CancelDelayedReset'

"                                                   "      (59,1) in function 'StartDelayedReset'

"                                                   "      (111,1) in function 'OnLoad'

data/scripts/entityscripts.lua(1252,1) in function 'SetPersistData'

Like I said, any other save file is good to go, same as a new game, but this one save file is a no go. Is this something I can get running again or am I screwed out of all the traps?