• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Webber Mod[WIP]Tweak-time!(crash fixed) 0.4.1

1 Screenshot

About This File

Webber-

Currently has 150 health

150 sanity

250 hunger

One custom string(expect more soon)

Spawns with spiderhat

Spider brothers don't aggro on him unless they see him take his mother's head off his shoulders.

Night vision+grueproofing-note:may ruin your cave experience.

Carnivorous dieting-can eat monster meat

I have currently discontinued this mod, partly because there is now a Webber character in the Don't Starve RoG DLC.

What's New in Version 0.4.1   See changelog

Released

• Fixed a crash that was making the mod unplayable.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You can add to him neutral spiders(he's a spider too).

oh, I found the crash

In the webber script line 74-79

-- First up, the character select screen lines 
-- note: these are lower-case character name
STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.webber = "Spider-webber"
STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.webber = "Webber"
STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.squidward = "* Webber, not squidward."
STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.squidward = "\"I AM SPIDER MAN.\""
Instead of webber, squidward is entered in line 78-79.

You can add to him neutral spiders(he's a spider too).

oh, I found the crash

In the webber script line 74-79

-- First up, the character select screen lines 
-- note: these are lower-case character name
STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.webber = "Spider-webber"
STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.webber = "Webber"
STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.squidward = "* Webber, not squidward."
STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.squidward = "\"I AM SPIDER MAN.\""
Instead of webber, squidward is entered in line 78-79.

Thanks! I thought I changed that :razz:

I fixed it, but the game still crashes, and I still can't view the crash log. Where can I find it(the crash log), as when I relaunch the game, it crashes again until I remove the mod from the folder.

You called the big portrait "squidward" again.

Same applies to saveslot portraits and selectscreen, I fixed it and I can send it to you. 

Btw, add him neutral spiders. It looks weird that spiders attack a spider. Also the character model has a bit problems.

You called the big portrait "squidward" again.

Same applies to saveslot portraits and selectscreen, I fixed it and I can send it to you. 

Btw, add him neutral spiders. It looks weird that spiders attack a spider. Also the character model has a bit problems.

Working on it, it's called a wip for a reason.

So big portraits and selectscreen have to have the name webber? I will fix that myself,  left it that way because I thought it would work, but....whatevs.

Did what you said, but still crashes. Methinks something is wrong with the animations or something, and then I will update the file up here by tomorrow maybe.

I tought this mod is will be quite popular but,no. -If you update the mod more recently,more of us will give a good rating- Just an advice from me. I hope it is helps.

I tought this mod is will be quite popular but,no. -If you update the mod more recently,more of us will give a good rating- Just an advice from me. I hope it is helps.

This is a two-man mod job at the moment. One man is me, doing art, some programming, uploading, and bugfixing, and the other is SilentDarkness1, who is doing most of the character quotes. So have patience. I also have school, but vacation is soon, and I will be cranking out update after update!

Found a bug: Spider queens don't need to be provoked. Agressive at sight.

I don't think that is a bug-spider queens by default aggro on the player, right?

I don't think that is a bug-spider queens by default aggro on the player, right?

Sounds like you need to find a way to over-ride the default Spider Queen behavior, in that case.

Sounds like you need to find a way to over-ride the default Spider Queen behavior, in that case.

Well, I said spider neutrality, not spider QUEEN neutrality. I'll look into it, probably needs moar tags.

i think that when you walk on spider web turf thingy, they should come out, but not aggro. So that way you could befriend them

i think that when you walk on spider web turf thingy, they should come out, but not aggro. So that way you could befriend them

Have you even used the mod? They don't aggro, but they will come out when you walk on their web. Also, I plan on tweaking a spiderhat to be able to command them to attack stuff.

It makes my game crashe . So i have to remove this mod from mod files :( I wanna play this guy 

Can you go to your documents folder/Klei/DoNotStarve/, and attach the log.txt you find there AFTER CRASHING WITH THE MOD. Thanks!

That mod is great! After adding next powers, can you delete Night vision and Grueproofing? This making him overpowered.

That mod is great! After adding next powers, can you delete Night vision and Grueproofing? This making him overpowered.

Those kinda go together, as it is not really night vision, but it is actually light being generated from webber. I would get rid of this, but I don't know. Which would YOU prefer-slowed sanity drain at night in return for night vision or sanity gain in complete darkness  while not beig grue-proof(the light he emits means that he is not in total darkness, thus meaning that he does not get the op sanity gain of chilling in darkness. I may add the night vision to the Eye Of The Spider, once I finish coding it. But glad to hear you're having fun! Hopefully strings wil be ready soon so the player doesn't talk like Wilson.

goldfish the mod is really god but the webber is a spider correct? you make if webber there is a chance to produce string of the spiders and make the light of him a little more powerful because i don´t veing all but a light no much weak

goldfish another idea: the webber is the son of the spider queen huh? it is a great idea because the hat is parecing the spider queen but another idea  if the webber the sanyte of him is decreased from flowers but evil flowers restores the sanite  or the night resotres his sanite because the webber has a spider

p.s:coll guy,cool