• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Upon death, politely asks if you *really* want to die.

S14JAGc.png

This dialog will only be presented if you don't have a regular resurrection method available, such as a Meat Effigy (including one on the surface, if inside a cave).

Reloading a save takes you back to the last point the game saved. Resurrecting gives you the option to instantly resurrect at the spot you're at or on the next day, at the nearest Fire Pit. Both methods of resurrection give you 10 seconds of invulnerability.

Being a permadeath game is a big part of Don't Starve's appeal, so use at your own discretion.

Icon by @Willette.

Special thanks to @bobbyblade, the author of Camp Res, for the idea of using Fire Pits as resurrection spots.

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

• Added configuration options.
  • Cleared out of date warning.
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yea! I think it is seriously hilarious xD What will be hard if you can ressurect? =,)

Being a permadeath game is a big part of Don't Starve's appeal, so use at your own discretion.

There are players who don't like permadeath. I like it myself, but at the same time I feel giving players an option to properly avoid that part of gameplay is better than having them rely on exploits such as closing the game window on death.

• Like 4

That window asking if you want to die is hilarious to me for some reason.

I plan on using this (minus the text/vertical margins) as the mod icon, I'm just waiting for Willette to log in to authorise me on using her artwork or not. ;P

That's a very dapper way of avoiding your demise  : D  It's great. I'll probably use it for some mod testing.

But to be honest, I share your sentiments about permadeath being an integral part of the experience.

The best part about this mod...

The name.

xD

I wanted to call it "A Compromising Survival Mod", but that name was too long for the title area in the game's Mods screen. :/

The screen asking you if you want to die is hilarious

Hello sir, welcome to hell, would you like to die?

Check yes, or no ©

• Sanity 1

I wanted to call it "A Compromising Survival Mod", but that name was too long for the title area in the game's Mods screen. :/

Well I'm happy that was the case. The title is perfect the way it is in my opinion.

I am pretty sure this is what Maxwell would say if he kept characters alive to the point of his freedom. Then if the characters say yes to death all he does is resurrect them to another random set of land. 

There is something which wasn't here:

-This mod removes the need for meat effigies/touchstones/lifegiving amulets.

Anyway this mod is useful to me to learn the coding about new windows.

Thank you for the great mod, it's still working! Let's me play the game as I want to without having to hassle with backing up save files, and unlike the other no-death mods it still lets me kill my character when I want. Thank you!

• Like 1

I see a lot of skepticism, but I think this is a great mod.  The fact that it gives you an option instead of overriding is perfect.  There are times when I like the challenging / difficulty of the game, and times where I just want to have the option to continue

Mod is broken by update. Sux because I lost my guy because I didn't realize Steam had updated Don't Starve

Is out of date, needs update, steam does not even let you run it. would really like the update as this is the only respawner mod that is done really well.

Doesn't work anymore, when killed text window never comes up, is it out of date?

Is out of date, needs update, steam does not even let you run it. would really like the update as this is the only respawner mod that is done really well.

A game update had broken the mod due to the way DLC loading support had been implemented, but that has been changed. The mod is working fine on my end. Are you still having issues in an updated Don't Starve installation?

A game update had broken the mod due to the way DLC loading support had been implemented, but that has been changed. The mod is working fine on my end. Are you still having issues in an updated Don't Starve installation?

No, just checked it and it work's beutifully, thank you for your gift of respawnation.

• Like 1

It isn't working for me on latest build with RoG disabled. I haven't used this mod before, but upon death it's just game over.