• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

4 Screenshots

About This File

If Ever I Needed This!

-Instant death

-The Poison Meat only attracts Hounds and does so like bees to honey!

-Hounds are the only animal that can eat Poison Meat

-Poison Meat is crafted under the FOOD TAB

-1 monster meat 1 red cap mushroom

-Poison Meat never spoils

-Hounds beware theres a new treat

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Two letters, OP.

There is no difficulty to dealing with hounds with this mod. Might as well just turn them off.

Hounds are coming? I'll stand in one spot and throw out 10 poison bait I made before. Not to worry about the 10 I just used, the crafting recipe uses some of the most common ingredients in the game! Hell, since they never spoil you could just sprinkle them around your base and never even bat an eyelash when you hear the hounds baying.

First off, other mobs SHOULD be able to eat them, hell, the player should be able to accidentally eat it and kill themselves. You are dealing with dangerous material here, watch what you do with it. If you wanna keep the current crafting recipe, give this stuff a 5 minute shelf life. If you want it to never spoil, make the recipe harder.

I'm disappointed in this mod. The idea of poison bait is great, the way you use it is "idiot proof" at best, a complete cheat at worst.

I guess mommies and daddies and load this mod up for their 6-year-olds so they can handle hound attacks. I can't see a SINGLE person that actually takes this game seriously ever using this mod.

Side note here- we need a "cheat" section for these mods. Move them out of "game modifications".

• Like 4

Two letters, OP.

There is no difficulty to dealing with hounds with this mod. Might as well just turn them off.

Hounds are coming? I'll stand in one spot and throw out 10 poison bait I made before. Not to worry about the 10 I just used, the crafting recipe uses some of the most common ingredients in the game! Hell, since they never spoil you could just sprinkle them around your base and never even bat an eyelash when you hear the hounds baying.

First off, other mobs SHOULD be able to eat them, hell, the player should be able to accidentally eat it and kill themselves. You are dealing with dangerous material here, watch what you do with it. If you wanna keep the current crafting recipe, give this stuff a 5 minute shelf life. If you want it to never spoil, make the recipe harder.

I'm disappointed in this mod. The idea of poison bait is great, the way you use it is "idiot proof" at best, a complete cheat at worst.

I guess mommies and daddies and load this mod up for their 6-year-olds so they can handle hound attacks. I can't see a SINGLE person that actually takes this game seriously ever using this mod.

Side note here- we need a "cheat" section for these mods. Move them out of "game modifications".

tottaly agree with you.

Two letters, OP.

tottaly agree with you.

Me too.

Two letters, OP.

I'm quite happy you can like mod comments.

All I can say guys is if ya don't like it hell don't download it.Why come and bash?

Also i'm sure there is a lot of folks that can't deal well with hounds but need their teeth.

• Like 2

I never bashed. That was an honest assessment. If you can't handle criticism that's your problem. The point still stands, no serious player is going to use this mod because you have a habit of making REALLY easy, cheat like item mods.

i agree with everyone here, disapointing mod, at first i liked the idea, but upon reading the description it sucks...sorry

We really should have multiple mod sub forums or something, because its a pain trying to find good mods buried under the thousand noobie proof mods.

Come on guy's, i agree this is a little bit OP, but let's not be so harsh, Instead of trying to bring down the mod just ask him to make it less OP, Instead of Insta Killing Maybe it takes more then 1 Poison Meat to kill a hound, Or add something more potent to the recipe that is harder to achieve, Or give it a low shelf life like ortorin said.

This is a good mod, but it get's way too much dislike if you ask me,

but for now there is 76 people who downloaded it and there will be more, this mod is for new players so it would make the game a bit easier for them, rather then dieing on day 8-20 they might be able to survive longer and atleast get to set up a proper base.

Hi, I found your mod very useful for a novice not very good :) but it does not work (at least not for me) is it possible to update please. thank you for your mods and good game

Like the idea, but seems to break when playing with RPG HUD, atleast for me

Are you playing with RoG enabled? If so there is a DLC version on Steam.

This idea is brilliant but the way how OP it is just brings it down completely. Too much bashing from commenters I have to say they all seem frustrated on how wasted this brilliant idea is.

Simple suggestions on how to make it the good way:

1. Meat has to spoil... this particular one really fast

2. Instead of insta-kill another effect could be brought - sleep or confusion so they attack each other or at least 100 damage only (making it one time trap only but still better than tooth trap because of homing feature)

3. other mobs attracted to meat should be able to eat it too

This mod has so much potential, it just needs to be tuned to its perfection.

EDIT:

Okay so I did not notice Serious Poison mod before, that just makes it perfect. :D