• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

Makes it possible to trick-or-treat at pig and rabbit houses when it's Halloween in Don't Starve. You'll need to dress up in order to receive treats!

Part of the Halloween Mod Challenge

• Halloween occurs 83.35% into each summer. With default values, the first Halloween is day 17. After that it, occurs every 36 days (day 53, day 89, etc). On Halloween, dusk is twice as long and night is twice as short. Note: If you are playing the Reign Of Giants DLC, Halloween will occur 2/3 into each Autumn instead
  • Costumes are worn by equipping a specific combination of items. Any item not part of a costume will detract from it (for example, wearing a miner hat and pickaxe gives you the "miner" costume, but wearing a miner hat, a pickaxe, and a one-man-band will no longer give you the "miner" costume).
  • The possible costumes are for you to discover. When it's Halloween, your character will announce any costume you put on. If you try something that doesn't work and think it should, let me know in the comments and I'll consider adding it.
  • The possible treats are: berries, powder cake, fistful of jam, taffy, or a pumpkin cookie (in order of probability). The better your costume (mostly in terms of the rarity of the items worn), the higher your chances are of getting the better treats.
  • With Camp Cuisine: All Hallows Edition enabled: berries, powder cake, and fistful of jam are replaced by halloween candy, kandy korn, candy apple, and sugar skull

On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184160028

What's New in Version 1.1.1   See changelog

Released

• Fixed support for Camp Cuisine: All Hallows Edition (made it work with the Steam workshop version as well)
  • Added support for Reign Of Giants DLC's new seasons (Halloween will occur 2/3 through Autumn)
  • Bumped API version to 6
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

what are the halloween suits. I guess since everyone's gonna ask. We already know the miner. But that's basically it.

what are the halloween suits. I guess since everyone's gonna ask. We already know the miner. But that's basically it.

Added a bit to the description clarifying my stance on this:

The possible costumes are for you to discover. When it's Halloween, your character will announce any costume you put on. If you try something that doesn't work and think it should, let me know in the comments and I'll consider adding it.

This has to be my favourite DS mod so far! The one problem I have is that I haven't been able to get CC: All Hallows and this to cooperate and give me CC treats on Halloween. Any ideas what could be preventing this from working?

Think I've figured out the issue actually! I was using the Steam Workshop versions of the mods, which installed CC as "workshop-187636374" (In my instance at least) rather than "CampCuisine - AllHallows" as it is on here. I'll change the folder name and let you know if the treats.lua script properly recognizes CC in game.

EDIT: Just tested it in game there and that turned out to be the problem!