• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wilson's House & Wilson's House With Light 1.2

11 Screenshots

About This File

(Wilson's House)

Wilson now has his very own Mud Hut.The hound attacks have slowed

and Wilson has made the choice to use the resources around him to build himself

well a Mud Hut. Working just like the Tent, but has many uses (500)

The Mud Hut is craftable under the (Structures Tab) 10 twigs 10 cutgrass and 5 forest turf.

(Wilson's House With Light)

Sometime Wilson doesn't sleep much, and if warm out works at night cooking, crafting and so on.

The Mud Hut is craftable under the (Structures Tab) 10 twigs 10 cutgrass and 5 forest turf.

The hut now has a two way fireplace good for cooking and light.Smoke has been added also. The torch has been removed.

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

• New textures for both mods!
  • Wilson's House With Light v1.2
  • The hut now has a two way fireplace good for cooking and light.Smoke has been added also. The torch has been removed.
  • Wilson's House v1.2
  • Smoke has been added.
  • Added proper placer for when building for both mods
  • Like 13

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Haha :-) Nice texture!

Do you plan to create an alternate dimension "in" the mud hut, with some chests, closets, bed, and ... WC?

• Like 24

I don't understand why people keep doing that: free items when they create a mod .

That's just a decoration or items for use? 

Anyway for the mod I give you a 6/10 lol . Do I need a machine for build that hut?

• Like 2

I don't understand why people keep doing that: free items when they create a mod .

That's just a decoration or items for use? 

Anyway for the mod I give you a 6/10 lol . Do I need a machine for build that hut?

Wilson's House functions as a replacement for the Tent except more or less endless uses.

No machine needed. 

• Like 2

Haha :-) Nice texture!

Do you plan to create an alternate dimension "in" the mud hut, with some chests, closets, bed, and ... WC?

Nope lol but an alternate version with auto torch light will be available.

• Like 3

it says it is out of date. :(

It Should be up to date,I'll check

(Wilson's House With light) has been uploaded

• Like 1

@afro1967Please combine these into one download page.  (add the other house with light to this page).

Very charming, by the way!

Thank you

• Like 1

Wilson's House functions as a replacement for the Tent except more or less endless uses.

No machine needed. 

Ty for the precision,I like it ,I tried the mod and i can say good job

i don't know how to install it, can you guys help me a bit? :-)

Download the mod/mods and extract the zip files into your mods folder under Steam/SteamApps/common/dont_starve/mods

Run the game and enable the mod/mods in the main menu of your game.

I really enjoy this mod. The game is to the point where you should be able to build a more permanent house. Finally, That walled in farm seems more like a homestead! Wish i were more in to coding, it'd be fun to have a hay hut somewhere in between the tent and this building.Thanks for your hard work!

I really enjoy this mod. The game is to the point where you should be able to build a more permanent house. Finally, That walled in farm seems more like a homestead! Wish i were more in to coding, it'd be fun to have a hay hut somewhere in between the tent and this building.Thanks for your hard work!

Glad you having fun with it! I was thinking it was time for a home.

Fantastic job. I always hated waiting through those long winter nights, because tents are just so darn expensive for the uses they get :p

The idea of the house was excellent but I do not think I need to be that good, like this makes the game a lot, a tip is to increase the items required to be built and that lasts a few times, eg 15. But is parabens! automatic light was spectacular.

The idea of the house was excellent but I do not think I need to be that good, like this makes the game a lot, a tip is to increase the items required to be built and that lasts a few times, eg 15. But is parabens! automatic light was spectacular.

Easy fix

Just go to DontStarve\mods\Wilson's House With Light\scripts\prefabs open (wilson_house_light.lua) with notepad or notepad++ edit uses.

To Change the resource amount go to DontStarve\mods\Wilson's House With Light (modmain.lua) open with notepad or notepad++ edit the recipe.

Hope this helps