• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

9 Screenshots

About This File

2.0 Changes:

- new version of wall gates without recolor, they glow gold when you mouse over them

- configuration options you can pick normal (default) or recolored version

- you can pick recipe for wall gates, you can pick gears or electrical doodad (switched for more gold when RoG not enabled) or just gold for very cheap wall gates

- you can open and close wooden and hay wall gate while holding a torch

Different kind of walls, you can open and close them so they act like a doors. You can now close your base area and don't have to use hammer to get in/out and rebuild your walls.

You can build Wall Gates using alchemy engine. To build one you need:

1 wall segment, 2 gold nuggets and gears

Wall Gates now drops gears when you hammer them.

Build one Wall Gate and then repair it with it repair material (wall segments, stone, wood, cut grass) to get it higher.

Now you can open/close up to 4 segments at once. Just make sure to use middle segments to open/close them.

If you want multiply entrances/exits from your base make sure they are 2 normal wall segments away from each other so they wont be affected by other wall gates, as shown on screenshots.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

• Small bug fixed.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just one, automatic one for a fuuuturistic StarTrek feature ;)

And to the author :

I surronder my pig village with your awesome automatic doors, but I had to change the distance of detection from original to that :

inst.components.playerprox:SetDist(3,8)

Now, My piggy woodcutter team isn't more blocked by it. If it can help...

Finaly, I've got a request :

Is it possible to make the result of a destroyed WallGate includes parts of it's recipie please?

Placing WallGates with Architectural Geometry Mod is a little bit frustrating, I don't know if it does the same without it, but I have had the need of multiple try to correctly construct my

stronghold.

Imagine yourself paying a gold ingot and gears to construct and receive just a rock in exchange? ^^

• Like 1

Adding gears to drop of gate walls is big trouble. Mainly cause you get 4 segments of gate wall from one craft. Now if you put gears to the drop list all 4 segments will drop gears so you can have infinite gears that way.

I understand well how difficult it is to elaborate a formula in order to bring back the max of recipies components, easy for hay/wood/Stone and gold for the Stone wallgate.

I ever saw some piece of code that managed to round all that stuff.

Maybe in the making of a function which record the number of hammered wallgatess and "activate" 50%[One gears & 1/2/4 Gold] recovery every 4 walls blocs, such as, only on the fourth one or by the lucky god of luck, a random one in the fourth positions of the table, given player a gift in a very tiny chance to get back 2 or more gears, but even in this eventuality, another function to check if player get back one or more gears (or 2 or 1 or more gold nugget...

I don't know if I was understandable.

I do not feel comfortable enought with tables and table operations to make this feat, but it had to be possible (in a big pink world filled of peace and love, and with coders adored by women, and ... extra pretty ones XD).

Btw, I hope you'll find a solution ;D lol

I understand well how difficult it is to elaborate a formula in order to bring back the max of recipies components, easy for hay/wood/Stone and gold for the Stone wallgate.

I ever saw some piece of code that managed to round all that stuff.

Maybe in the making of a function which record the number of hammered wallgatess and "activate" 50%[One gears & 1/2/4 Gold] recovery every 4 walls blocs, such as, only on the fourth one or by the lucky god of luck, a random one in the fourth positions of the table, given player a gift in a very tiny chance to get back 2 or more gears, but even in this eventuality, another function to check if player get back one or more gears (or 2 or 1 or more gold nugget...

I don't know if I was understandable.

I do not feel comfortable enought with tables and table operations to make this feat, but it had to be possible (in a big pink world filled of peace and love, and with coders adored by women, and ... extra pretty ones XD).

Btw, I hope you'll find a solution ;D lol

All I can think of is making the item cost less, and crafting only 1 piece of gate wall at a time, 1 segment would cost one gear + 1 wall segment + some gold, then it could drop gear when hammered.

It mustn't break your head you know. Personnaly, I'm not against your idea. Even if it's expansive (relatively), everyone know why he donwload and use your mod. It's so usefull, I don't care about the price.

I was just scared to take back rock verusus gears/gold etc.

CampFire mod is even more vicious with recovered materials (let's have a try) ^^

Yes there is some new problem with custom items, in Hunter mod where I have custom animal tracks and custom dirt pile, custom textures get also unloaded and vanish, I can't do anything about this cause its something that has to be fixed on engine level.

I need to update this mod, but on top of vanishing textures there is bug with collision detection with walls, that will make whole wall gate broken, so I have to wait for the bug fix on that first.

Mod is not updated to Nightmares, and have problems with vanishing textures, don't use it right now.

Will be updated for the next game update, and maybe some time this week for public beta.

I have some mods of my own on steam,I was wondering if i could put your mod on my workshop,give you credit of course and I get a lot of subscribers on steam.Do we have a deal?

Mod is not updated, I want to put it on steam myself at some point in the future.

Mod is not updated, I want to put it on steam myself at some point in the future.

When will it be updated? With out it there is no point of paddock in the game.

When will it be updated? With out it there is no point of paddock in the game.

Mod updated, automatic version coming soon, also normal version will be on steam in a few minutes.

could be nice if we could upgrade gate like the normal walls

You can upgrade them like normal walls with stone, wood or grass or with wall segmentes.

I found a two bugs causing the game to crash: Hammering a gate which is down, examining a wall which is built.

• Like 1

It would be great if the gate would be 3x1 fields (not 1x1) and have diffrent drawing :)

So I deleted the old version I had and download the latest one but now it's not working, on the mods page it says 'to be enabled' however after I think it's enabled, it's not, and then the mod page says it crashed. any ideas?

So I deleted the old version I had and download the latest one but now it's not working, on the mods page it says 'to be enabled' however after I think it's enabled, it's not, and then the mod page says it crashed. any ideas?

Will check tommorow.