• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Seras Victoria, The Fledgling Vampire 1.7

5 Screenshots

About This File

A version for Don't Starve Together now exists and can be downloaded via the steam page:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360319890

Seras Victoria, The Fledgling Vampire

"Seras was a member of the D11 elite police response unit, until she was mortally wounded by Alucard in his destruction of a vampire masquerading as a priest. On the verge of death, she chose to allow Alucard to turn her into a vampire. Serving beneath Alucard, she now works for the Hellsing Organization and deals with the consequences of her decision."

Project background and goal

I've always liked Seras character from the Hellsing Anime, and in a game like Don't Starve where all characters seem to be going off the edge in one way or another, Seras as a reluctant human-turned-blood-sucking-monster seemed oddly fitting. I will focus on making Seras fun to play more than "balanced", with this meaning that playing Seras should be a different experience from playing other characters in don't starve. Playing her meant to be challenging in its own way.

Attributes

Health: 260/60*

Stomach: 150

Sanity: 120

Damage: x2.1/x0.4*

*highest at night when full, lowest at day while starved.

Features

Green = Working feature

Yellow = Partially implemented/semi-working

Red = Not implemented

• Power changes day/night & full/starved.
  • Character model changes depending on power (5 models)
  • Regenerate hp at night (when not starved).
  • Night vision.
  • Sanity loss while starved.
  • Cold resistant (insulation).
  • Affected by full moon.
  • Can only eat meat-type items. Partially meaty food such as meatballs have reduced effect.
  • Takes no damage eating monster meat, but still loses sanity
  • Unique speech text.
  • Unique craftables.
  • Tweaking, polishing and extra testing.

Status

The mod is in a stable state.

Tips and tricks

General survival

1. Seras is very weak during the day, especially when hungry. Avoid all confrontation with enemies when possible during the day. Even a few frogs can be dangerous to a starved Seras during the day.

2. Seras has night vision and she is extremely strong during the night as long as she is above 60 hunger. You can use this time to kill spiders, beefalo, werepigs and other dangerous opponents with relative ease.

3. Caves are considered constant night, and since Seras excels at nightly adventures you should not hesitate to explore the lands underground.

4. Seras unique weapon is quite affordable and has the same power as a tentacle spike it drains Seras own health when used. Using it during the day or when starved is not recommended

5. You may want to sleep through the full moon.

Dealing with hunger and health

1. Seras cannot eat non-meat food, but this does not stop you from using this food as bait for tasty animals. It is a good idea to create a large number of traps with bait near rabbit holes to get a stable source of meat early on.

2. Seras does not take health damage from eating damaging food. This means that spiders and the like are a passable source of meat. When you can create monster jerky and have some sanity improving clothes you can use monsters as your primary source of food.

3. If Seras stomach is filled above 145 she will become somewhat more powerful but drain hunger quickly until she goes below 130. She drains hunger even faster during the day while in this state. An advantage is that she will slowly regenerate health during the evening and night while in this state.

4. Seras slowly regenerates health at night while above 60 hunger. Since caves are considered constant night you can use caves to get your health up when no other health restoration is available.

5. When cooking try to stick to cooking "meaty" recipes such as Meaty Stew, Honey Ham, Bacon & Eggs with the crock pot. Less meaty recipes have reduced effect on Seras.

Version History

Version v1.0

This is the first public version

Version v1.1

• Fixed head not showing when wearing a hat.
  • Tweaked hunger (reduced to be less difficult)
  • Fixed a minor texture error.
  • Changed some speech lines.

Version v1.2

• Completed speech text.

Version v1.3

• Major visual upgrade

Version v1.4

• New portrait for character selection
  • Less meaty Crock pot recipes have been rebalanced to better suit Seras being a carnivore.

Version v1.5

• New portraits for selection & save slots
  • Now with better spelling!
  • Fixed portrait compression error that was effecting some players

Version v1.6

• New blood-fuelled unique weapon

Version v1.7 (current, download via Klei)

• Added 5 new character appearances dependant on power
  • Rebalanced hunger
  • Increased night vision radius
  • Added full moon effect.

Special Thanks to:

Sukoushi

TheDanaAddams

debugman18

Vazura

You guys helped make this mod possible! :-)

Forum Topic

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/26212-seras-victoria-the-fledgling-vampire/

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• Fixed face not showing when wearing a hat
  • Tweaked hunger (reduced to be less difficult)
  • Like 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can you make a skin of alucard?

I wasn't really planning to, but if there is a great interest in one I guess I could create an Alucard character.

• Like 14

I wasn't really planning to, but if there is a great interest in one I guess I could create an Alucard character.

ty, and could be just a alternate skin for seras

This is hard to play normal with only meat lol I dont see the interest of having berries and carots now lol

This is hard to play normal with only meat lol I dont see the interest of having berries and carots now lol

You can still use them to bait rabbits. When testing her the first thing I did was create a ton of traps and stuff them with berries and carrots.

Spiders are actually a good way to get food with her too, especially when you can make monster jerky. She doesn't take damage from food, and the sanity can be dealt with by making clothes from the spider web. Just make sure you attack at night since she is really quite a wimp during the day (especially when hungry).

Now that I think about it, perhaps I should add a tips & tricks section.

Edit: If you feel that it is still too difficult, please tell me so. The mod is a work in progress, so there could be slight balance issues. :)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your answer,now I really appreciate her.I play her right now,I trap rabbits with a carot.That's funny,with only one carot I got like 6. What do you recomand as customized world for play with her? Medium,big? A lot of rabbits and carots? or just all default? I'm new using customized world and I saw how it was when I play with a lot it's the apocalypse and monsters wars XD

Thanks a lot for your answer,now I really appreciate her.I play her right now,I trap rabbits with a carot.That's funny,with only one carot I got like 6. What do you recomand as customized world for play with her? Medium,big? A lot of rabbits and carots? or just all default? I'm new using customized world and I saw how it was when I play with a lot it's the apocalypse and monsters wars XD

I usually don't change the world size. The default is big enough for me. Usually the only thing I alter from the default is Deerclops spawning (don't particularly like the base-wrecking Deerclops). Increasing the spawning of anything more than one step will typically result in the creature/plant spawning all over the place even where it would normally not spawn at all.

For a slightly easier time with Seras you could try increasing the rabbit spawning. Spawning more rocks, grass, reeds, saplings, berry bushes and beefalo can also be useful. Winters are generally more difficult than the other seasons, but they shouldn't be overly troublesome if you've made some winter gear on time. Still if you don't like winters you could reduce/remove winters.

I haven't actually written it the specifics here yet, but Seras actually has decent build-in insulation equal to 50%/100%/150% of a Winter Hat depending on if she is starved/normal/well fed. With a piece of winter gear she should be able to avoid turning into a vampire popsicle even when going on fairly long nightly winter adventures.

Thanks a lot again,I tried it and it's awsome. I will wait for the future changes.I follow this file.I love vampires so much and you made me so happy when I saw this mod.

What about the cold resistance ? Seras will not have to be affraid of dying or I still need to set up camp fire ?what about the powers?Can you add blood skill like healing each time she kill a monster for sanity? and enlarge night vision,it's too small.

What about the cold resistance ? Seras will not have to be affraid of dying or I still need to set up camp fire ?what about the powers?Can you add blood skill like healing each time she kill a monster for sanity? and enlarge night vision,it's too small.

She has some built in insulation (cold resistance). She takes approximately 2/4/6 extra time segments depending on how fed she is before she starts freezing.

I'm currently working on vampiric powers (of sorts). In the most recent update I gave her a sword made of nightmares and blood. It's fairly deadly, but harms Seras when used, so be very careful not to use it too much at day or when otherwise low on health. At some point I'll probably create a life-stealing weapon for her, I just need to find the right balance for it.

I'll take a look at the night vision. Perhaps I could make the radius larger as a quality-of-life buff.

Thanks.As vampire powers,you can make a life-stealing skill that cost 5-10 sanity per use to replace the weapon or you can make both.

That's a lot of works I know,but try your best and it's not really in the hurry.You are doing a great job anyway.

I'm already at second world with her so it's cool I have more update with her.I will test the sword now.Ty a lot <3!

He did it already ..see under the name,it's hunger and nightmares. Great work Red. I download the new version.What is the classified form? It's a monster? Where can I download the new version?

He did it already ..see under the name,it's hunger and nightmares. Great work Red. I download the new version.What is the classified form? It's a monster? Where can I download the new version?

I can see its updated but I don't know how to download it either. I'm guessing the classified form has something to do with the full moon

Thanks.

@Erivega: Yeah the classified form must be activated with the full moon,she will become a monster :D

I  like this character very much, But it's hard with holding her sanity and I want more good vision at dusk too. it's hard to see anything when dusk.

I have some problem with monster meat,It's normal that she lose -10 sanity? I mean can you resolve that? it's a vampire she is dead so she don't need to lose that must,can you fix that please !

And wow She is really a monster at full moon.She lose a lot of sanity,can you solve that too:Like a transformation with a hotkey that people can use when they want when it's full moon,because it's a forced transformation and it make me crying all the time.Ty anyway.your mod is awsome

I trapped 185 rabbits with her right now haha,I don't think she will be starved anymore haha.

Transformation at full moon:Epic

130823100545462006.jpg

@Sublime

If you wish to skip the full moon, simply use a bedroll or tent. Seras can't help getting nightmarishly corrupted during full moons.

It is normal for her to lose sanity due to eating monster meat. Not only does it taste vile, it also has a corruptive influence on the mind and body of those who eat it. Her body is pretty corrupt by default since she is undead, but if she is sane it can certainly corrupt her mind further by driving her insane. Practically speaking, try making monster jerky from monster meat before eating it to mitigate the insanity inducing effects.

Thanks a lot,that's really helpful,anyway I love the way you made her.I'm just not lucky with hunting rabbits right now.They are dead XD