• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

These are official sample mods developed by Klei. They are very small and barebones, in order to get you started with modding. These are meant to serve as a starting point only and are not complete mods on their own!

Sample Prefab

This mod demonstrates adding a new object to the world which can also be put in the player's inventory. For testing purposes, one is added to the player's pockets every time the game starts.

Sample Character

Use this as a starting place for your own characters! Contains template artwork for character animations, saveslot portraits, and more! Note: This will require TEX tools in order to create .tex files from the provided .png images.

Also note that the template for the bigportrait is in it's own zip file for download size reasons, but both samplecharacter.zip and samplecharacter_bigportrait.zip together make the Sample Character mod and templates.

Sample Mod

A demonstration of very basic mod setup, including attaching a custom components and setting tuning variables.

What's New in Version 1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don't have permision to download the things, and I really want to make a pony character.

Thats a terrible idea.

• Like 1

This might sound really stupid and I'm still a noob at modding, but do I download all of them? I've spent hours among hours trying to create a character of my own. Once I think I'm finished, the character mod crashes the game :/ Don't think I'm doing any of this right XD

ugh I don't know how these work, I made sure it works by itself without changes, and it does, i made sure the version was the same as my DS, but as soon as I make "1" change, it crashes when i try to enable the mod.

(All i did was change the wods, and nothing else, boom crash. even in the mod "sample_dude" if i replace the TEX file of the big portraits with my TEX file of my character [which is the same image size as wilson] and it crashes. I fallowed instructions of several youtube guides too ;~; but i found out myself that if i change "anything" it'll crash.

This mod is great though since it helped others out.

hi i'm new to modding and i'm having some trouble :s  I'm trying to make a character mod but it keeps saying it's 'out of date' and whenever i try to aply it the game just crashes... Does anyone know what could be causing this? :)

Is it ok for us to modify your files and post it as our own, I get the feeling that we can modify thes files freely but since you never said it outright I just want to make sure its ok