• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

[DST] Adventure Mod [finished!] 0.6.0

6 Screenshots

About This File

Finally finished!

download at github or steam:
https://github.com/Serpens66/DST-Adventure-Mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847959350

I won't upload the newest version here at Klei forum. ONLY the STEAM version will be always up to date!

(I removed all the ideas I had before with quests and coop missions and blueprint mode, because it was just too much for for me alone. So this is mostly the DS adventure )

What's New in Version 0.6.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You know, there's a lot of interest in this, but everyone seems to be working on it in different groups rather than as one collective project. It'd be really cool if some sort of framework for incorporating custom campaigns into the game was made first, and then everyone who makes mods like this could use that framework and keep the structure consistent. Having a common framework could reduce issues with errors, but also make this type of thing more accessible to everyone, which could then lead to a wide variety in adventure mode campaigns, both in the actual maps and the conditions to get the teleportato pieces. This would also be incredibly useful to Klei, who would probably appreciate only worrying about not breaking one framework with future updates.

I have a bunch of really ambitious ideas about the different types of worlds and win conditions (and I see that you do too), and a lot of mods already do some of these things individually, but I don't think they will ever happen until a framework exists.

@robert5
Thank you very much for your comment :)

I know there are projects about Shipwrecked, but I never heard about another project to port adventure mode to DST.

I'm not a experienced programmer, so I'm not sure what you mean by "framework" ? Do you mean something that you can find at workshop under the name "API" ?
One example would be a standalone mod that allows modders to add custom quests by using functions provided by the API-mod.
Is this what you mean by framework? I could try to make such an API at least for quests, but I have no idea how it could look like for campaigns... but it's interesting idea... unfortunaltey I might not be experienced enough for such a big task.

Like I wrote in description:
If there are other modders out there who are willing to help me, with modding skills, adventure ideas and testing, I might continue the work on this project. And if we are able to create such a framework, I dont have to worry about enough content, cause every modder could create new content.

@All:
So if you would participate on this project, please leave a comment or write PM to me.

I released the Quest idea I began in this adventure mod as a standalone mod here:

Hi @Serpens

thx you for this mod

but it's look like not possible to load your mod

can you explain how install it?

thx you for your help

ToNiO

Hi,
the mod is unfinished. If you still want to try it, better use the version from github.

Non-steam mods must be manually placed into your mods folder Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods
After you did that, you can select them normally in the game, but when selecting you will get a warning, that most likely nobody can join, because they can not automatically download the mod, since the it is not uploaded at steam.

edit:
if you are a modder, feel free to help to finish this mod (you can write me a message if you would like to help)

Edited by Serpens

Hi @Serpens

thx you for your help

sorry i have take wrong version, now with version of your github that's works thx you, i see and can enable the mod in the game now

when you says "then choose "Adventure" as a game mode. If you don't, game will crash."

i don't see Adventure in game settings when i enabled the mod, i see only survival, wilderness, endless, same in the world

170908042308228530.png

170908042333789940.png

170908042346609814.png

170908042347473700.png

170908042351188013.png

Make sure the mod in the mods folder looks like this:
mods/Adventure-Mod/modmain.lua

I think at your side it looks like mods/DST-Adventure_Mod-master/Adventure-Mod/modmain.lua
You only need the Adventure-Mod folder.
The adventure game mode will be were you also can set "Wilderness".
In the next version of the mod, I will remove that adventure gamemode, cause it is not really needed.

edit:

in the version you downloaded the last world is crashing. All other worlds should load, but in Archipelago world, the wormholes are not correctly connected, so it might be impossible to collect all parts.

Edited by Serpens

23 hours ago, ToNiO55 said:

@Serpens

thx you very much, i prefer to wait the new version of the mod

thx again for this great mod and take your time :)

all worlds are working now :)
But last world "Maxwells Home" is quite empy/useless and might still be bugged. If you have ideas how to make it more interesting and/or what maxwell could say to the player, please write them :)

And of course the worlds might not be balanced. You can test and tell how we can improve specific worlds.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 10:56 PM, Hero Complex said:

You know, there's a lot of interest in this, but everyone seems to be working on it in different groups rather than as one collective project. It'd be really cool if some sort of framework for incorporating custom campaigns into the game was made first, and then everyone who makes mods like this could use that framework and keep the structure consistent. Having a common framework could reduce issues with errors, but also make this type of thing more accessible to everyone, which could then lead to a wide variety in adventure mode campaigns, both in the actual maps and the conditions to get the teleportato pieces. This would also be incredibly useful to Klei, who would probably appreciate only worrying about not breaking one framework with future updates.

I have a bunch of really ambitious ideas about the different types of worlds and win conditions (and I see that you do too), and a lot of mods already do some of these things individually, but I don't think they will ever happen until a framework exists.

just skimmed through these old comments:
My adventure mod meanwhile a sort of a framework, you can add your own worlds to it easily (at least if you know how to create a custom world, rooms,tasks,set_peices...)