• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Pengulls don't attack walls - mod 1.0.0

About This File

This is my first game modification so install this at your own risk (lol). I have played with it around 100 in game days and haven't had any trouble.

This change doesn't let pengulls attack your walls. 

The downloaded file should go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\brains and replace the original penguinbrain.lua

You should backup the original file just in case.

I haven't tested this with DLCs but it should work.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 6/26/2016 at 8:24 AM, saralina said:

matey... if this works... i'll be thankful HELLUVA TON!

damn birds

Works for me. Never had any issues. :)

Hmm. I don't have a C:, or a Program Files (x86), or anything Steam. XD

I presume this should be installed in my /Data/Games/Don't Starve/game/dontstarve64/data/scripts/behaviour/brains directory? Or /Data/Games/Don't Starve/game/dontstarve32/data/scripts/behaviour/brains if I really wanted to dumb down my computer to an x86 without 64-bit extensions, and run under the 32-bit compatibility layer... As I presume you are doing, if you're using Program Files (x86) rather than just Program Files? Or is that another stupid thing that Steam does to even 64-bit games?

I'm pretty sure there should be some way to apply this as a registered mod, rather than altering the core game data. That way it could be enabled and disabled from the menus, and avoid potential overwrite by updates. I have no idea how, but may look into that, as it seems like a very useful thing to do.

GZ. But please don't assume we're playing on Windows, or Steam. This may be the most popular combination, but it's far from the only one, and there will be a significant minority of us on other platforms, and the mods all work across them all. ;) (well, I'm not sure if the consoles would accept this mod, if there's an iOS version, I have no idea how you'd do that either, but it should be possible on Android with a suitable file manager / APK patcher)

• Like 1