• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

About This File

A collection of modifications and enhancements to the game's coding interface. NOTE: This does not add gameplay. This is a programming interface for modders, and is intended only to be used for making mods, and running mods made with this API.

Current Features:

• Duplicate Recipes (Multiple recipes can have the same product)
  • Special Ingredients (eg. Health, Hunger, Sanity)
  • Variable Ingredients (One ingredient slot can have multiple options)
  • Custom Recipe Tabs (eg. Tools, Light, Survival)
  • Custom Tech Branches (eg. Science, Magic, Ancient)
  • Drinkable Items (Items that make use of the drinking animation from Shipwrecked)
  • Quaffable Items (Totally different)
  • Custom Worlds (Think U&A)

Known Bugs:

• Potential bug in the custom Ingredient constructor, wherein the 'testfn' parameter is not recognized if the preceding 'atlas' parameter is nil.

There is documentation included in the download.

What's New in Version 1.6   See changelog

Released

• Removed Recipe Check Functions.
  • Added Special Ingredients.
  • Added Variable Ingredients.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Your branch adder is significantly more confusing to me than the module I use in Soulful Alchemy (which is from the Elinor character mod). Is there any particular issues with said module, any reason I should use your API?

Arkathorn, please subscribe to your files -_-

Yeah, sorry about that.

Your branch adder is significantly more confusing to me than the module I use in Soulful Alchemy (which is from the Elinor character mod). Is there any particular issues with said module, any reason I should use your API?

This too was derived from Lawrence's code. In fact, it is used exactly the same way, but with additional support for custom hint text.

There is a bug where the game crashes if a recipe cannot be found in the GetIngredients function in builder.lua, as it does not return the empty table and pairs requires that.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2015 at 4:09 PM, Mobbstar said:

*realizes several years later that I misread this*

Your module is completely fine, my API just provides a central place for the functionality to be sourced from, and also includes loads of other useful functionality.