• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Finn the Human [DST] 1.0.2

7 Screenshots

About This File

Here's my first attempt in creating a mod for Don't Starve Together!

I present to you .. Finn the Human from Adventure Time

Finn the Human

Health - 150

Sanity - 150

Hunger - 100

Pros

- Wields the evil Demon Blood Sword

- Also starts with his special backpack

- Gains increased sanity when sleeping

Cons

- Loses Sanity when killing friendly creatures

- Has relatively low stats

Description

- Demon Blood Sword deals 72 damage per hit.

- Able to destroy rocks, break objects and cut trees in 1 hit, resulting in a -3% durability loss per hit.

- Attacking mobs with the sword increases durability +1% per hit.

- Killing bosses with the sword rewards him with max sanity.

- Each hit also reduces hunger by -1 per hit, and has an insanity aura of -20/min.

- Upon reaching 0% durability the sword breaks, and can only be recovered through crafting in the 'magic' tab by combining; Dark Sword + 1 Beefalo Horn + 20 Monster Meat.

- Green Backpack reduces damage taken by 70%, same as log suit.

- Is indestructible.

- Has more slots than the regular backpack.

- Has tiny Insulation.

- Both of these items cannot be equipped by other characters.

Get it on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497883137

What's New in Version 1.0.2   See changelog

Released

• Added some custom speech for Finn

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Finn is powerful, but he isn't this powerful. Might want to tone him down a bit.

Finn is powerful, but he isn't this powerful. Might want to tone him down a bit.

Hi,

During my testing with this mod character I felt that it was quite balanced -- having to deal with a sanity and hunger drain when attacking using the demon sword, it makes it hard to keep track as he also has low stats

There are ups in using the sword such as its high base damage, but hunger and sanity is sacrificed for it.

If you have a more thorough explanation as to why he is too powerful, then I'll have a look into it

Can i get it on Singleplayer?

Sorry, I won't be intending to make it compatible with DS -- don't have that much time and plus don't have the game.. XD

Sorry, I won't be intending to make it compatible with DS -- don't have that much time and plus don't have the game.. XD

If you figure it out how, I can test it in ds if you want :)

I would my mod added to ds too

Soon I will add Finn @my dedicated Server :-)

Great to hear :) I will be tweeking the mod soon and balance him out a bit. Will also be fixing the art! 

I really love this mod , this is my favorite mod so far , he is well balanced , the Sword is great , it does a good job gathering resources but also trades Finn's sanity to recover durability from killing , also provides a decent not overpowered protection againts early game threats like Hounds and Shadow Creatures , his sanity is fun to have , its easy to lost yet also easy to heal , which keeps me active on killing animals and making Straw Roll to sleep

Overall its a great character mod , fun to play , balanced and not too far from the originals , though its still tricky for me to survive through summer even with Endothermic Fire

Are we ever getting a fix on the Green Backpack and Blood Sword unequipping when entering the underground/atrium?

Or could just /anyone/ that is good at working with these things fix that the backpack and sword are set as irreplaceable and unequip when you log out or leave the surface. Defeats the purpose of the mod if you turn into an even worse Wes when you hit a cave/ are trying to play with friends.